Chapter 16

Peeta POV

I am eventually pulled off the ground. I feel numb. As soon as things started to get better, as soon as I had hope for a happy life, everything was taken away from me. The Peacekeepers half drag me to some sort of command area for all the mentors. An avox comes up to me, and hands me some sort of watch looking wristband. I stare at it, confused.

"Need a hand?", Dustin, Finnick Odair's mentor asks me.

"Yes, please." I reply eagerly, having no idea how the strange watch works. Dustin helps me secure the wristband around my wrist before explain what it does and how to use it.

"So it will basically just notify you if your tributes are involved a fight or something is happening to them overnight or when your out of the command center. Most of your time this next week will be spent in here, and if you're not in here you will probably be trying to get sponsors or sleep. Oh, and you can send gifts from it."

"Oh. Okay. Thank you." I tell him. "How do you send gifts?"  I ask. Dustin shows me how to buy gifts, and I thank him for showing me how to send them.

Dustin looks around and pulls me into the hall, with a serious face. "Peeta, listen. We still have about fifteen minutes until the pedestals come up, so make sure you do whatever you need to do right now. You have to have your emotions in control. And I'm not saying it will happen, but you need to know that's it's possible Katniss, and/or Haymitch might be gone in the next half hour. If something happens to one of them you can't lose your focus."

"I know. And I can't promise to not show any emotion, especially if something happens to-"

"No. You need to show emotion. Especially if only one of them dies. As horrible as this sounds, it can help with sponsors. But you can't let your emotions consume you. At least, not until the games are over." I try hard not to lose it right now, but Dustin is right. I need to regain control over my emotions. I can't help Katniss if I'm too emotional.

Authors Note

So uhhhhh, I kinda lost motivation for this... but I have it back now! And I (temporarily) shouldn't be as busy so I should have a little more time to write now! So I'm excited to be back!

I'd also like to apologize for any spelling errors, after being out of school for like 4 months I completely forgot how to spell (not that I could to begin with lol) but not gonna lie I spent a good 3 minutes trying to spell "15"