Chapter 15

Katniss POV

I kick and scream, desperate to not let them take me into that nightmare. I know I won't win, because it's a 3 vs 1, but that doesn't mean I still can't try. Cinna tries to get me to stop squirming, but I don't listen and he is forced to tell the Peacekeepers to sedate me. I feel a prick in my arm and my movements slow down. I see Peeta being pulled out of the room, and he yells "I love you." to me. I can feel the Peacekeepers setting me on the ground, before the world goes dark.

-----

I feel weak as I try to open my eyes, confused as to where I am, but luckily I remember what happened. I look around for any signs of where I am, and I see the tube that will take me into the arena, a table with some random things on it like makeup, a small red couch, and some clothing hanging up. My hair is already in a neat braid, and my body stripped of hair on my legs. I just lay there as I wait for someone, probably Cinna to come in. After sitting and waiting for a few minutes, I get bored and go and look at the suit I will be wearing for the games. It's thing, but it covers most of my body, not including my face. There is also a puffy belt, with some sort of purple liquid inside of it. I am slightly confused when I see there are no shoes for me to wear, but I realize that the bottom on the suit has soles sewn in, so it is similar to wearing shoes.

Cinna opens the door without warning, which makes me jump. He doesn't speak, he just comes up to me and gives me a hug, and I graciously accept. After a moment of silence, Cinna speaks up. "Come on Katniss, let's get you into the suit."

Cinna helps me get dressed. "Thank you for the dress last night," I say, "it was beautiful."

"Well, I couldn't let you go without a dramatic exit." I give a small smile, unable to do much more. a voice comes over the speakers, telling me I have two minutes before I will be officially back in the arena. Cinna helps me finish getting dressed, before leading me over to the tube.

"Thank you, Cinna." I tell him.

"Anything for you Girl on Fire. Remember, I'm still betting on you." He helps me into the tube, and as I am supposed to start going up, I don't. I look at Cinna, confused. But he looks just as confused as I feel. Then Peacekeepers, too many to count bust into the room, and push Cinna to the floor. I start screaming for them to stop, but they continue hitting him until he is either unconscious or dead, probably dead.

The tube's platform then starts to rise. I try to do my best to compose my emotions, and I wipe off my face. When I can finally see the arena, I see I am surrouned by water, with a thick forest behind me. All I can think is "This is no place for a girl on fire." (quote from Catching Fire, by Suzzane Collins)

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys! Sorry I've barley been posting, I've been super busy lately and my computer broke so I didn't really have anything to write on :( but I'm gonna try to start updating again! I've definitely missed writing!
And also, please please PLEASE go back and read my earlier chapter regarding BLM. And be safe!!!!!!!!