🎀Eighteen🎀

When I stopped being who am I, I found myself.

- Paulo Coelho -

______________________________

🌼|| ADAM'S POV ||🌼

(A/N: Yes, you read that correctly 😁!)

I had never known that life could be so fucked up. Why could life not be as you wished for? But instead, the opposite happened.

When I met Kate again after fifteen years, I was surprised to see how much she had changed.

She was no longer the girl who had a huge crush on me and who used to drool whenever she saw me walking by. I always knew she had a crush on me and I did everything possible just to see her reaction. I must say, she was a girl who did not know how to hide her emotions. I always loved to play with her back then, and it was just like a game that I was dared to make her mine the night of the prom. The prom night.

At first, I refused since I did not want to get into relationships which I knew she would have wanted. But the guys convinced me that she, like any other female in the school, knew that I was a player. So, it was understandable that she would not expect anything else other than one night full of passion.

It was then that I approached her catching her off guard and totally unprepared. She had refused me at first but after my hands and lips found her skin, she caved in. She had responded just as I wanted her to. And since it was a dare, I wanted to finish it off as soon as possible. I carried her to the nearest available room, took off her dress and started exploring her body.

But then, someone came in and ruined it all. She took off immediately leaving me perplexed. After that I lied to my friends that I had done it since they had spent awhile not seeing me.

It was supposed to end like that. But days later, I started to wonder how making love to her would have felt. Making her completely helpless with nothing else to do than to scream my name. After that night, I slept with many girls but the nagging feeling was still there.

When I finished the university, still there.

When I first started my business, still there.

When I got married, still there.

Even when I tried to occupy myself with work, when I went to sleep, it would come back.

I lived like that for fifteen years telling myself that maybe this was my punishment for playing with her.

When I saw her again, the girl who had been tormenting me for so long, I wanted to know if she was as restless as I was. After seeing the effect she still had on me, I concluded that it was no longer a game. It was something else, something I needed to find a solution for.

It did not take long to get an answer to my question because when I said she had changed, something had not. Hiding her emotions. I could see how she avoided meeting my gaze, how her chest would jump rapidly when I flirted with her and how her body responded when I touched her.

That was why finishing what we had started seemed like a great idea. It was. Never in my life had I thought that I would want a woman as much as I wanted her. I mean, I could not even count the times we made love recently. I wondered if she was even managing to walk.

Why was I not satisfied since last night happened? Why did I want to see her again even though I knew that we were both married and we cheated?

How I wished the earth could swallow me.

I had been sitting on that damn chair waiting for Gladys to wake up or for the doctor to tell me what the hell was wrong with her.

Coffee. That was what I needed. I got up to fetch it and then the doctor finally came.

"Are you Adam O'Farrell?"

"Yes, that's me. How is she?"

"Well, she was pretty bad when she was rushed here. We did a couple of tests and everything seems good, except for the spine." He looked at me like I was supposed to know what wrong with her spine.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well...She will have to spend some time in a wheelchair." Shit.

"And there is nothing else you can do? Like some kind of surgery..."

"We did all we could, sir. And forgive me for not giving you results earlier, but we had an emergency that I had to attend to. Please excuse me." He started to walk away but I remembered something.

"Wait!"

"Is there anything else, sir?"

"Yes. You said that she was rushed here, do you know perhaps who brought her here?"

"All I know is that it was a guy who didn't want to his identity to be revealed."

That is strange!

"Thank you. You can go."

Gladys was going to be in a wheelchair. I still could not believe it. Where was she going alone that night? And who the hell brought her here anonymously?

I sighed heavily glancing at the watch on my wrist and realized that it was time to have lunch with Kate. I grabbed my phone and texted her the nearest restaurant, exiting the hospital to go and see her.

Kate, she was the only sane thing in my life. Everything else seemed sp fucked up. 

====================

You were clearly not prepared for Adam's POV, were you?
Well, surprise!

Let me hope so much that you enjoyed the chapter since this sums up all that has happened in his life. Did I miss anything? Or do you want something in details?  Let me know.

These days I have been updating like crazy so, I know this whole thing is full of typos. I apologize.

Much love 🧡

Marty.