🎀Seven🎀

It isn't hard at all to make a wish. The difficulty lies in how to make your wish a reality.

   - Catherine Pulsifer -

__________________________

As I made my way towards the kitchen were everyone was, I kept visualizing myself at the fashion show, a smile on my face as my collection became a success.

"I take it that the phone call is the reason you're smiling like an idiot."

Of course, Steve had to ruin the moment!

"You're right. I just received a call from my friend, Allie, who told me that I have to come to Miami to showcase my collection."

"Wow! Congratulations. When are you going?" Adam asked and I suddenly remembered that I had to go with him, sadly.

"You mean, when are we leaving?" I said and everyone looked at me, silence filling the room.

"How is that so?" Steve asked, approaching me in a nasty way which made me retreat my steps.

"S-she told me I had to bring any partners, business partners, with me." I said pointing at Adam.

"And you didn't think of asking me what I would say about this?"

Oh, really now? Unbelievable. Who does he think he is? Oh yes, my husband, but still...

"You would disagree. Plus, I'm letting you know, it's not like I went without telling you right?"

"I don't like the idea." He said and I stared at him in disbelief.

What did he just say?

"So, you're going to stop me from pursuing my dreams?" I raised my voice and the last thing I cared about was how Adam and Gladys were watching us.

Suddenly, he pulled me outside grabbing our baggage on the way out without bothering to say goodbye.

"You could have said goodbye, at least." I said after a long drive in silence. His knuckles turned white as he clutched the wheel tightly upon hearing my words.

Of course, he ignored me.

What surprised me even more was that as soon as we reached the apartment, he left.

When did my life become so unbearable? Was this the same man I met a year ago?

♣♣♣

The first time I met Steve, it was at a coffee shop. I had had a bad day and to see him there smiling at me melted my insides. He wasted no time. As soon as I sat down he took the empty seat in front of me.

"I'm Steve and you are?" He asked me flashing those perfect teeth he had.

"You waste no time, huh?" I said sipping my coffee.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be able to handle it if another guy approached you before me. I would have regretted not acting swiftly." He said eyeing probably every male in that shop and I laughed hard that it hurt. Then he looked at me like I am the very most beautiful thing he ever laid eyes on.
"I'm still waiting for your name gorgeous."

"Katherine." He grinned and I ask myself why I had not met him before.

We exchanged numbers that night and he promised me a date. We went on countless dates and before I knew it six months elapsed and he was kneeling in front of me asking me to marry him. I agreed eagerly. Our wedding was not grand. It comprised of family members and a few friends. If anyone had asked me at the time whether I was sure of what I was doing I would have replied saying yes, without a doubt.

Unfortunately, it had not even been a full years since we got married but I was already wishing that he would not return to the apartment tonight.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when my mom called me.

"Hello, sweetie. Why don't you ever call us? You should at least ask if we're still alive." She complained.

"Mom, you know I always do." I rolled my eyes, "These past few days have been pretty busy. I hope you understand."

"Try not to stress yourself too much, dear. And remember, I need a grandchild soon."

Of course, she had to mention that!

"Don't you think it's too early mom? Not even a year has passed, it's only been seven months."

"You never know what might happen tomorrow. So, it's better to be prepared. Anyway, how have you been with work?" I was glad that she changed the subject to a more exciting one.

"You called me right on time. I'm going Miami to present my collection." I said. I could hear an indistinct rustling in the background which indicated that my dad took the phone.

"That is my girl! Go make us proud, you deserve that after all your hard work." I was smiling. I really missed my parents, maybe I could go visit them when I return.

"Aww, you guys are the best. Okay, I need to go. I have things to do. Bye."

"Bye, we love you." They said in unison as they hung up.

I started to get everything ready because I was supposed to leave in two days which made me remember Adam.

Shit.

As if reading my mind my phone rang, it was him.

"Hello! Sorry to interrupt but you didn't tell me when we are going? Or are we?" Just by hearing his attractive voice on the phone proved once more that it was a bad idea to go with him.

But what other option did I have?

"Of course, we are going tomorrow. We have to be there by Friday and the show is on Saturday and Sunday."

"Okay." An awkward silence befell us.

Please don't bring up last night's events or those of this morning!

"So, I guess I'll see you then."

Phew that was close!

"Yes, have a good night."

Where did that come from?

"You too." 

========================

Hello loves!

How are you guys doing? Hope you are fine. Drop your thoughts on this chapter and tell me what you think.

Sooo off we go to Miami. In the next two or three chapters we will be in Miami. As I greet my readers who live there or to anyone who have been there. Unfortunately for me I haven't. Anyways stay tuned and miss out the next chapters.

Stay home and safe.

Much love 🧡

Marty.