🎀Twenty-Two🎀

Either you run the day or the day runs you.

- Jim Rhon -

_________________________

"Did you like the surprise?" Adam asked me and I nodded smiling.

We were walking outside the hospital, hand in hand. If anyone saw us, they would believe that we were a couple.

"So much. However, I didn't know that your mother was in a hospital. Why is she?"

"After my dad committed suicide, she couldn't take it. She lost it and ended up being hospitalized." He looked sad by talking about his family.

I reached out and pulled him in my arms. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. We all found out at school when Adam's father committed suicide because his business failed and he went bankrupt, but we never knew how his mother was affected.

"Let's go back, it's getting late." He muttered pulling away and we walked back to the car.

♣♣♣

We parked a few blocks away from the apartment to avoid anyone seeing us. I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my purse, ready to go out. But he grabbed my hand and reached out to kiss me.

"I can't wait to do this all the time because your lips are so addictive." He whispered against my lips before he let me go.

"Same here. I want this nightmare to finally end." I said and he frowned.

I wasn't supposed to talk about that!

"What nightmare are talking about?"

"Uh...I'm talking about everything, this relationship we have in secret and work."

"It's gonna end soon, I have faith in that." He gave me a peck on the lips before we said our goodbyes and I got out.

The moment I opened the apartment, I gasped.

There in the living room, sat my parents. When did they even get there? Why did they not call to notify us?

"Oh look, she is back." My mother said standing up to hug me. Then came my father.

"Why didn't you guys notify us?" I said sitting down.

"We wanted to give you a surprise!" My dad added, "We heard that you and Steve were having problems, and we wanted to help you solve them."

Damn, Steve!

Speak of the devil, he came from the kitchen carrying a tray of tea. After serving them, he came and sat near me dropping a hand on my shoulder like we were a happy couple.

I shot him a glare but he ignored me by engaging himself in a conversation with my parents. I got up and went to the kitchen to get myself a juice, just as he came in.

"Why did you tell them that we're having problems in our marriage?" I blurted out.

"Am I lying?"

"No, but does the whole world need to know that?"

"You should be thankful that I didn't tell them that you were cheating on me with that manager of yours."

The glass crashed on the ground as I stared at him in complete shock.

How does he...?

"What are you saying? Where did you get that idea?"

"I have my sources and I am ready to destroy your image and business if you don't stop seeing that man."

This is not happening to me. Just when I thought that everything was going well and I was going to find the happiness I had lost!

The way he was looking at me with a satisfied smile on his lips, I slowly ascertained his words.

The real question was: was I ready to lose my business and everything I had worked hard for, for an impossible love? Or should I let what we had stay the way it was?

I stayed rooted in my position trying to clear my head, deciding what to do. When I couldn't, I called my dear Allie to help me out. She had always been there for me during hard times.

After talking to her, I learned that she was coming here instead. That gave me strength to go and chat with my parents.

"Well, I see that you are doing everything to save your marriage and I am so happy to know that. Don't let anything or anyone separate you, children." My dear mother said taking my hands in hers.

"Don't worry ma'am, I'm not letting her go no matter what." I froze.

Then my mind started to see different strategies he would use to do what he just said. And the worst part of it was that he was capable of that, even killing. I was terrified.

When they decided that it was time to go home, I got up to accompany them to the door and in the end I was glad they had come.

Who knows what would have happened when Steve threatened me if they weren't here!

I was about to go out when he stopped me. He approached me and whispered, "I don't want you to leave this house. Otherwise, you know the consequences."

"But I am just going to accompany them."

"Unfortunately, I don't trust you anymore."

After saying goodbye, they left me alone in the house. I wished that Allie would show up as soon as possible.

===================

Well, this what we call impossible love 😩

I feel like crying now. Why is life full complications? Maybe that is why it is called LIFE.

Let's see how Adam is going to take the news. Is he going to fight for her or what?

Stay tuned.

Much love 🧡

Marty.