Part 11

I feel someone tapping me on my shoulder and I turn around to see pukey standing behind me. Swallowing the food that I have in my mouth I smile at him. "So, have you been thinking about my proposition?" I ask him, causing the table to quieten down as people try desperately to eavesdrop. He notices this as well as me and a smirk plays across his face, uh oh. 

"Well darling I've been thinking about what you proposed to me and I think it's very near perfect." he replies.

"How so?" I ask, shovelling another mouthful of food into my mouth, not very ladylike I know but it's damn good spaghetti! 

"I just think that parts of it are…disagreeable."

"Oh really, which parts?" I ask, managing to spit some bolognese on him. I smile guiltily as he wipes if off, not looking best pleased. 

"Come now, Cassie, I'm pretty sure that you can guess." he replies. I take a deep breath in, telling myself to calm down so that I don't knock him out or something. 

"I don't think you understood the main clause of my part of the deal." 

"I think we should talk about this elsewhere, people seem to be getting disturbed."

"No one is disturbed." I reply quaintly, downing some more spaghetti. He rolls his eyes at me, grabs my wrist and drags me outside. I almost dissemble his arm on the spot but then choose to allow him to drag me to wherever it is that he is taking me. When he has dragged me over to a quiet and seemingly abandoned corridor he lets go of my wrist and leans against a wall, studying me as I rub the circulation back into my hand. "What do you want?" I snap at him, I was enjoying my food and by the time I get back there, it'll be taken away. 

"Cassie-"

"Seriously stop calling me that." 

"There has to be a reason you hate being called Ca-"

"I just don't like it, ok?" I snap at him, glaring at him so menacingly that he actually flinches. 

"Someone's tetchy." he says quietly, examining my reaction very cautiously.

"I just really don't like it, is that such a hard concept for you to understand pukey?" 

"It is actually. There must be a reason behind it."

"If you keep insisting on calling me that then I will do all I can to corrupt our chances of being picked." I threaten him. He merely glowers at me as if he's trying to read my mind. 

"I don't understand your aversion to being called Cassie." he eventually says, his tone of voice softer now. This is too much, I think to myself, way too much. Tears start to prick my eyes and I sniff shaking my head at him.

"Forget your dreams of being one of the chosen pairs." I reply and then I turn and flee before I start crying in front of him. 

   Slouching on the bed I assess how far along this mission I've gotten and I feel thoroughly disappointed in my lack of success. Any slim chance I may have had beforehand has now been thwarted by my rash thinking and words I said in the heat of the moment. Well done Sandra, that was very professional of you, losing your temper back there, I scold myself. But in all fairness he was insisting on calling me Cassie, which I clearly don't like him doing. And why did he have to be so pushy for the reason? Maybe I just didn't want him to know, could he not just accept that? There's no pressure for me to tell him why I dislike it, we're not even friends really. Although I need to be friends with him to extract the information I require, even though Harry'd have me be more than friends with him. Not that I am going to go down that path if I can avoid it, which I should be able to if I play my cards carefully and not keep flipping my lid.I hear a banging on the door and Tam goes to see who it is. "Sandra?" I hear Tam's timid voice calling out to me.