Part 7

"Right then class, we're going to be concentrating on your classic waltz for the beginning of the year and then, depending on how long you take to master the dance, we'll move onto the salsa." says Miss Franks. I smile at her, wondering how well she actually knew my mother. I know she's an ex agent, must be the pre-planted agent they have here. I have no idea how they regulate all of these 'first' missions because there are so many of us which opt for covert ops. She looks over at where me and Luke are standing, a soft twinkle in her eyes and I instantly wonder what she's thinking about. Is she thinking of the first time that she met my mother? Did she know dad as well? All of these thoughts that are clouding my mind distract me from what she's saying and so when she finishes speaking I find that I'm completely unsure of what we're meant to be doing. "Come on then Cassie." Luke says, offering me his hand. I frown at him with suspicion. 

"What are we doing?" 

"We're seeing how we 'fit together'." he says, doing air quotes as he says 'fit together'. I nearly gag at the thought. 

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yep, weren't you listening to Miss.Franks?" 

"I got a little...preoccupied." I reply, choosing my words carefully. Hopefully the crew back at HQ will think I am trying to either flirt (which would be completely retarded) or that I am searching the room for clues. The latter seems to be more likely. Of course if it's Harry he's going to know that I just didn't listen, but hey at least I'm covering it up well. 

"You need to start paying more attention." he taunts. Dammit! He just had to go and point out that the fact that I'm unaware of what's happening could be because I wasn't listening. It's like he's doing this all on purpose. I scowl at him, bristling. 

"I was paying attention but I just didn't want to have to see how we fit. That's so gross." 

"Is it now?" he asks, amusement flickering over his features. 

"Well maybe not for someone like you."

"What's that meant to mean?" he asks me. 

"You get around, don't you?" I ask him, which causes him to laugh.

"You could say that I suppose, but I do it in the most gentlemanly manner possible."

"You can't be a gentleman if you break people's heart needlessly."

"Whoever said anything about breaking hearts?" 

"Playing with peoples emotions isn't gentlemanly either and if you're going to be doing that then you're obviously going to be breaking hearts, aren't you?" 

"I do my best not to get them too attached." he says with a jerky grin. Why I oughta just dislocate his shoulder with the- no, stop yourself Sandra, you can't go around beating people up. "Anyway, we have a dance to be preparing for." he mutters, extending his hand. Sighing I take it and let him pull me closer to himself. His hand starts to creep to my waist but I stop it successfully with daggers - not the kind I would like to use but hey, daggers nonetheless. I hear Miss.Franks walking around and commenting on people's positioning, telling them to alter their hands or their feet and so on. She eventually makes her way over to us. "Oh guys, this is nearly perfect." she says, taking Luke's hand and placing it further down my waist, causing him to smile smugly at me. I squirm, trying to wriggle it further up but his hand stays in place annoyingly enough. "Sandra dear, stop writhing so much, alright?" Miss.Franks whispers, lightly touching my shoulder. I smile at her and nod. 

"Yeah, Sandra dear." Luke chides as Miss.Franks bustles off to the next pair. 

"Ok guys, I think we're pretty much ready." Miss.Franks announces, bustling towards the stereo at the back of the room, funnily enough though I doubt it's going to start dub stepping at us. My suspicions are confirmed when a cheesy waltz-y song starts to play and Luke smirks at my obvious disdain.