Chapter 1-The Best Worst Day

Okay, this is my first story so I hope everyone likes it! Tell me what you think afterwards! Like if you like it or if I should continue to keep writing! Hope u like it!❤️
_____________________________

Chapter 1.
~Laura Marie Marano

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I tiredly turn my alarm off.
Can I be honest? I hate school...
I know, shocking right? Every nerd enjoys school. Well I'm here to end that stereotype. I'm simply not like every other typical "nerd." I keep telling people that not everyone is always as they seem.

I then get up for the day ahead of me. I just don't get school. Did you know teens brains don't fully wake up until 10:00 am. So therefore, they should start school later.
It's been scientifically proved yet no one seems to know.

Anyway, I put on my black rimed glasses and a yellow t-shirt, some old faded jeans and my old black running sneakers. I'm obviously not wealthy. Pst, I'm no where near being wealthy. I'm going to be real here for a second. I'm poor. My parents keep saying we aren't but I know the truth. They haven't been able to buy me new things since I was 7. And may I say I only get 3 Christmas presents every year...

My father was laid off from his job when I was 10. My mother has been a waitress for as long as I can remember. They're hard workers. I love them to death and I try to help keep food on the table as much as I can.

Our house isn't the worst but it's also not the best. It's just something to keep a roof over our heads. I sigh and grab an apple before saying goodbye to my parents and heading out the door with my black jacket.

I live in the bad side of town. The school I go to is full of wealthy kids. Why? Because they're the troubled wealthy kids. They get away with anything. Within this small town the "bad side," of town isn't really that bad. In others words, "bad," is considered not wealthy. There is only one public school, so I'm sure you imagine how small this town is now.

As I wait for the bus I eat my apple trying to distract myself. Sometimes, I wish the bus driver would forget about me so I wouldn't have to go to school.

It doesn't matter how much I wish the bus driver always seems to remember me. Coincidentally I see the big yellow contraption turn the corner.

I put my head down getting ready for the name-calling.

I take one step on the bus and hear the daily gossip about my appearance.

Over it.

~Ross Shor Lynch

Perfect timing, it pays off being rich sometimes. My dad practically owns half of school. That's why I never get in trouble. For example I was just in the principals office for breaking a window for no absolute reason. And yet they let me off the hook.

Sometimes, I wish they would suspend me so I can get out of this hell hole. "Oh well." I shrug.

As I walk through the hallway heading for the football field knowing I'll find my assholes for friends. They're assholes, but the good assholes. You know?

On the way I look through the office to see my poor friend Dimitri preparing for what he'll say doing the announcements.

Dimitri isn't the only one in my group that isn't much of an asshole. Well, he's not really an asshole at all. He's kinda always just there now that I'm thinking about it.

Shaking the thoughts of Dimitri out of my head I open the heavy metal doors toward the football field.

I'm no quarterback. In fact I think sports are overrated. Call me typical. I'd agree with you. The field is where the asshole of friends I have decide to get high. My friends and I are seen as "the cool kids." The bleachers is usually where all the freaks and cool kids get high.