Chapter 13

Song for the chapter: Vibration by Fireboy DML.

Tomi

I buried my face in my palm and I groaned tiredly after I had parked my car in the compound. Work always had a way of wearing me out and sometimes, I always felt the strong urge to quit and just travel to an unknown island to relax.

Ever since Seun resumed his position as the new CEO, there were almost never no breaks and even when there were public holidays, he always made sure that we worked overtime to cover up for it. The only good thing about all of this was that the pay was really nice and even too much for me to spend.

I heard my phone ring in my handbag and I groaned even more. Here I was trying to rest my head and someone somewhere thought it was wise to call me at this time. I picked up my bag grudgingly and I brought out my phone. I almost screamed out loud when I saw that it was just Glo customer care line that was calling.

After calming myself down, I got down from the car and I walked into the house tiredly and I met the shock of my life. The house looked a complete mess and Kiki was kicking and punching everything that she could lay her hands on.

"Kiki!" I yelled looking astounded.

She turned to me and if I thought I was surprised before, I was even more surprised at the sight in front of me.

I threw my bags on the sofa and rushed into the kitchen to get the first aid box. When I returned back to the living room, I met her curled up beside the loveseat.

"Kiki why is your hand bleeding? Did you get into a fight or something?!" I asked, suppressing the brewing anger inside of me but all I got in response was silence.

Who in their right senses would Injure her this way? Was it a fight or she cut herself? Or was she going through a suicidal phase? At this point, I didn't even know what to think about Kiki anymore.

After cleaning up her wounds I arranged the living room quietly and when I was done, I took her to her room and I made sure that she took a hot bath. I went to my room to freshen up and I quickly tried to fix up something for Kiki to eat.

I heard my phone ringing again and I quietly cussed. I hope this time, it was somebody relevant and not the customer care line calling me again. I walked to the kitchen to grab my phone and I answered it without checking the caller ID.

"Hello." The person said and I checked my phone to know who the caller was but it was an unknown number.

"Who's this?" I asked impatiently.

"It's Seun." The person replied and my heart skipped a beat.

Could it be Seun from work or another Seun? But I don't even know another person who goes by that name.

"Seun? Sorry I don't know who this is. Maybe it's a wrong number."

"Yes Zara obviously it's a wrong number." He snickered and I chuckled.

I sat down on one of the chairs and I stared at the pot of boiling rice. "Why are you calling me sir? It's past my working hours and if you don't mind I'm kind of busy right now."

"Sir? Well do I need to remind you that we met even before I became CEO?" He laughed.

"But that doesn't change the fact that you're still my boss." I retorted playfully.

"Okay then I'll appreciate it if you call me Seun outside work. Is that okay?"

I smirked even though I knew that he couldn't see me. "Okay sir."