Chapter 1

Song for the chapter:Tonight by R2bees ft Wizkid.

Tomi's POV

"Go down make I ease your stress
Go down make I ease your stress
Kiss and kiss and don't tell"

I was living and enjoying my life,twerking and singing along as the DJ played my favorite song of all time.I'd been dancing for over three hours now nonstop.I would have said that it was the shots I took that had me feeling so overhyped and everything because I'd not even eaten a proper meal before coming to the club but I hardly ever get drunk no matter the number of shots I take so I guess it's just the urge to flex and enjoy life that is worrying me.

"Tomi na see the time let's start going oh before they close the estate gate abeg." Kiki said whining as if she was not just twerking with me just now.

"Oya abeg make we go before you chop me raw." I grabbed my purse from the bartenders table,murmuring sweet nonsense into his ears which had him grinning like a fool and walked out of the club hand in hand with Kiki.

"What did you give that bartender abeg because I don't want somebody to see me outside and say that I should pay him for all the drinks we drank today oh!"

"Ah Kiki but the drinks were on me na what's your own sef." I laughed and I walked hurried to Kiki's car. As much as I loved the party,I couldn't wait to be on my bed snoring. I turned on the car stereo and tonight by wizkid was playing.

"Ah tomi is like this song does not want to rest today oh."

"I tire ohh." I laughed and danced along and in not less than thirty minutes we were at the gate of our flat located at the island. I walked straight to my room to get rid of this alcohol stench that was getting too comfortable on my skin.Grabbing my towel from my bathroom door,I tied it around my body and threw my wig on the bed.

Damn I really need to make this hair before wigs get tired of me. I proceeded to my dresser mirror that had a table where all my skincare products and makeup products were and I grabbed my face scrub and spin brush and walked into the bathroom to do my business.

I walked out like an hour later after pampering my face for thirty solid minutes and scrubbing my body for another thirty solid minutes. I applied some glow oil on my face and walked out of the room naked because abeg it's my house and I do whatever it is that I want to do.

"Tomi abegg go and wear cloth na..how many times will I tell you to wear clothes in this house." Kiki scolded and she pushed me back to my room.

Okay screw the part where I said this was my house well it's mine and Kiki's and she hates it when I walk around naked. Kiki was literally my mum's "twin" when it came to scolding and shouting but she was like the sister that I never had and I loved her too much to even get angry at her.

We have been besties since junior secondary school. When I was bullied, Kiki was always there for me and she never failed to put the bullies in their right place. We both studied engineering in the University of Lagos. I studied petroleum engineering while she studied civil engineering so when we graduated and got good jobs at good companies, we decided to rent a small place and be independent.

After putting on "decent" clothes, I walked out of the room to meet the most beautiful plate of jollof rice and chicken staring at me.When and how did Kiki arrange this food here.

"Lazy girl sit down and eat your food and if you're thinking when I cooked,well I did before we went to the club." She said feasting on her chicken.

"That's why I love you mama." I sighed, getting comfortable and eating as if I hadn't eaten in three days. Y'all see why I love Kiki,She's twenty five and I'm twenty three so I call her mama just to piss her off.

"Abeg ohh I'm twenty five not thirty five and I am not mama ode."

"Na you sabi,this food take style sweet oh." I said, clearing my plates and walking towards the kitchen to take more rice and chicken.

"Take style sweet abi? If you ask for another round ehn i will pinch you."

"Kiki naa I was joking abeg where is the rice."

"It's on my head oga." see why I said she was like my mother.Nigerian mother's and "put it on my head or it's on my head".I walked into the kitchen to help myself to another round of this jollof rice when I heard Kiki shout my name.

"Tomi your phone is ringing oh come and take it." Thank God she did not throw my iPhone 11 today because the last time she did it had a small scratch.

"Hello who's this?" I said without checking who the caller was.

"Omo mi!" I heard my mother say cheerily

"Ah maami I ekáásan , how are you my sweet mummy. Sorry I didn't check to see the caller."

"It's okay my baby how are you doing?"

"I'm fine oh mummy just that work is stressful,how are you?"

"At least you get paid for it na working in Adetunbi Oils is not a small thing oh omo mi." And she was right on that one. I was working in one of the biggest oil companies in Nigeria with a pay of 1.5 million naira monthly.

"Mummy mummy how are you abeg." I knew she had something to tell me because my mummy always had gist for me anytime she called.

"Did Deji not tell you about the girl that he brought to the house.The one that was throwing herself at your father."

"Ah when did that one happen mummy gist me." I put the phone on speaker so that Kiki would hear the gist too.

"Yesterday oh he brought her for lunch and aunty was just throwing herself at your father.Turned out that it was a supposed to be a business meeting since your father works from home sometimes now and we saw her trying to undress herself before entering your daddy's study from one of the cctv cameras."

"Ah see wahala oh mummy I trust you na you gave her slap abi." Kiki was already laughing and rolling on the floor.

" Yes na I gave her gbas gbos next time she'll not try and go after married men."

"Mummy mummy I hail oh." Kiki praises and we both laughed.

"Ah Kiki so you're even there eh.It is gist that will finish you people."

"Ah maami ekáásan you know we love you." my mummy loved Kiki so much and that was why moving out of the house to live with Kiki was not a problem at all.

"And I love you guys too. Okay oh you people should go to bed ohh there's work tomorrow and remember that there's no food for lazy man."

"Okay mummy oh goodnight love you!"

My mother that still sent me my monthly allowance when she knew that I did not need it.

We retired to our bedrooms after watching a Romcom movie on Netflix. As my mother said 'No food for lazy man' and I was not ready to lose my job.

Glossary
Abeg- please
Chop- Eat
Ekáásan: Good evening
Wahala- Problem
Maami: Mummy
Na you sabi: That's your business.

Okay I tried!🤧😂