Chapter 6

Song for the chapter: Abena by Jaywillz.

Tomi

I drove home listening and singing along to Abena by Jaywillz and in less that ten minutes I was at home, sitting on my bean couch. I glanced at the wall clock in the living room and it was just three in the afternoon.

Did I really spend that much time at the supermarket?

I groaned as I kicked off my shoes and I walked into the kitchen to drop the shopping bags on the kitchen counter. I placed the ice cream and packs of chicken franks in the freezer and I made a mental note to myself, to arrange the other things I bought when I was less tired. I walked back to the sitting room to grab my shoes and my things and proceeded to my bedroom.

It was time for me to get my beauty sleep, the one that I had been lacking throughout the week. Ah Friday! I plopped down on my bed and i drifted off to sleep almost immediately.

**********. *********. *********
When everybody call me rascal
Abena used to call me rockstar
Abena with the vibe i swear
Abena with the sauce I swear

Jaywillz's Abena filled my ears making my head ache even more. Who on earth was playing music so loud?

I got up from my bed grudgingly and I entered the bathroom to take a warm bath. I looked at the window and I saw that it was already dark outside. I might as well just relax under this shower to make me feel better. After I was done taking a relaxing bath, I got out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around my body. I quickly slipped on my oversized T-shirt to reduce the cold that I was feeling.

Why was it so cold in here? I wondered as I walked out of my room to the kitchen and I saw Kiki behind the gas cooker turning the sausages on the frying pan.

"Hey Kiki." I said as I walked to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. Since this headache didn't want to stop, it's better I just take aspirin before It gets worse.

"Sleeping beauty! When did you get back from work?" She asked, removing the sausages from the fire.

"Remember I told you the new CEO would be resuming soon?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Okay, and?"

"He wants to renovate the building. New interior designing, paintings and all of those fine things."

"Wow that your company is loaded oh." She said but I noticed that there was something different about her tone. Maybe she was just stressed from work. She walked to the dinning room with two plates containing fried plantain, tomato sauce and sausages and we both sat down to eat.

"Yeah. I bought your favorite ice cream." I gestured to the kitchen and she turned to look at me, a sad smile on her face.

"I finished the entire bowl earlier. Thank God I got another one on my way home." She sighed, as she chewed slowly on her sausages and fried plantain.

Okay something was definitely wrong.

I held her shoulders and turned her face to get a better view of it.

"Kiki what's wrong? You look pale."

"I'm fine Tomi. It's just work stress. You know how stressful my work is." She toyed with the food on her plate and I grabbed her hands.

"The Kiki I know will not turn her plate into a playing ground." I lifted her chin up. "I'll ask you for the last time. Kiki what's wrong?"