Chapter 12

Song for the chapter: Smile by Wizkid ft. H.E.R.

———————————————————-
Please I just dropped the blurb of my new story, FRIENDS (That's the cover above.) and I would love it if you could just check it out, vote and drop a comment. You can find the book in my profile. Thank you so much❤️
____________________________

Seun

One week.

One week of working tirelessly in this company as the new CEO. Sometimes I wonder how my father managed this company for so long without giving up. I've spent just one week and I feel beyond exhausted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a lazy person. In fact it isn't even about the work, it's a lost everything. The staff here are lazy, truant and very nonchalant towards their duties . I can't count the number of times that I had walked in on some workers eating during working hours. Most of them even had portable fridges in their offices where they stored all manners of food.

While thirty percent of them were so into food, the others were either into gossiping with their colleagues, watching endless Netflix movies with the company's WiFi or Sleeping with their air conditioner on full blast mode. It was only a few that I could say that even though they loved food and enjoyment, they never failed to face their work when it was time.

I blame no one but the Chairman who had made them feel so comfortable. So comfortable enough to engage in useless activities during working hours. Most of them had got it from me the hard way because I sacked not less than  ten workers and put like five on suspension. The others had no choice but to buckle up and face their duties. Well at least Zara wasn't like the lazy ones.

Zara.

Sometimes when I think about how things turned out to be, I can't help but laugh. Who would have thought, That She was an employee at my company. And imagine the stress I had to go through just to get to her. She was not only stubborn but blunt. I thought she was going to change her attitude towards me after finding out that I was her boss but no, if anything, she was even more blunt than before.

I always made a conscious effort to check up on her..oh well not like she knew this or anything but the times that I had visited her department was to catch a glimpse of her pretty face.

Oshey! Even Jack from Titanic isn't a better sweet talker than I am.

I walked into the accountancy department and all eyes quickly averted to their computers. It was like I brought in some kind of energy that boosted their own energy to work. Well of course, I was the boss and no one wanted to get sacked or suspended. I heard the rustling of what sounded to be a biscuit wrapper and I turned to the direction of the noise but I chose to ignore it and just face what I was here to do.

"Hey you there." I spoke quietly and She quivered in fear. "Hello! Can you hear me?" I asked, my voice rising in anger. If there was anything that I didn't like, it was lack of confidence. She was confident enough to insult my secretary some minutes ago so what changed.

All I wanted to ask was why she didn't deliver the files I wanted seven am sharp to my secretary on time and why she thought it was wise to insult Her even when it was part of her job to ensure that the files were delivered on time.

She placed her hands on her chest and she cleared her throat. "Yes sir." She said in a muffled voice and I squinted my eyebrows at her.

"You were late again." I walked as gracefully as I could to her table and I swear I could see sweat forming on her forehead. "I keep saying that You all should be punctual." I checked my watch. "I wanted those files early and you're still asking for more time." I turned to David who looked angry because earlier, according to Him, the girl had insulted him.

"I'm sorry sir." She replied in the same muffled voice and that got me thinking.

"Why do you sound like that?" I asked. She scratched her head and some of her colleagues snickered. "Silence!" I commanded and they all kept shut. I returned my gaze to her. "Why do you sound like that and what is your name?"

"Stephanie." She muttered.

"I can't hear you speak louder!" I demanded and she shivered.

A lady close to her cleared her throat and smiled widely. "Sir." She raised her hands slightly and I nodded.

"Yes? Any problem?"

"I'm Anita." She blushed and I gasped mockingly. What the hell was wrong with these  people?

"And what am I supposed to do with that piece of information?"

"Her name is Stephanie Ndubisi Sir. She is one of the new interns here and She's Ms Zara's assistant and secretary and about what she was doing, she was eating as usual. In fact, This is the chocolate she has been eating since your secretary came over." She dragged a pack of chocolates that Stephanie was trying to hide and she placed it on the table. "Stephanie here never fails to have her break-"

"Shut up." I said tonelessly.

"May God save us from snitches." I said to myself.

"Sir?" She asked. I know the whole room was surprised at my response but that's what she gets for snitching and talking when she was not asked to talk.

"I thought I was loud and clear enough or have you suddenly gone deaf? I said shut up."

"Okay sir." She bit her lip and her eyes look like she wanted to cry.

"Stephanie?" I heard Zara's voice and I smiled inwardly. "Good morning sir." She greeted professionally and I nodded my head. "Stephanie why are the files not in my office yet? And why haven't you been answering the intercom?" She asked tiredly.

"I'm sorry-"

"Look I don't even have time for this." Zara walked to her assistant's table and took the files that she wanted and she walked back to her office.

"Ms Stephanie I don't appreciate tardiness and eating during duties. So let this be the first and last time. Next time, I might not be so merciful so better learn from your colleagues that were punished the other day."

"Thank you sir." She appreciated and I smirked. She had enough time to finish the chocolate in her mouth so that explains why she was talking properly now.

"And you Ms Anita. Snitching would not take you anywhere. Learn to mind your business and never talk in my presence when you're not not asked to. Okay?"

"Yes sir." She replied in a wobbly voice.

"I want those files on my table before I enter that office." I ordered with tone of finality before I walked out the room.

____________________________

Snitches are what? Bit*hes!!!😂

A round of applause for Seun for giving it to Anita back to back!💃🏿 We also need to put Stephanie in our prayers because that girl is such a case🤦🏾‍♀️

Don't forget to tap the star at the bottom left of your screen. Until the next chapter, I remain you girl,

Derbieaize❤️