15: Little Miss Popular

**********SKY**********

"Can we stop for lunch already? I'm dying!" Harry growls from across the hall.

"Just another 20 minutes boys then we will stop somewhere. We hit Oregon then," Paul answers while playing with the GPS.

"Do you realize that it's really... quiet?" Liam whispers to Louis across the table who was tweeting from his computer.

"Quiet?"

"Yeah I meant like... no voices..."

***FLASHBACK**

"Guardian Reapers," Em whispers to herself, stepping back from the boys in a confusion. Would they ever understand? Could we ever tell them the truth?

She pulls me away from them as they walk past their bunks still holding their arms to cover the goosebumps that had formed.

"We need to disappear," she tells me, looking at the window at the rain and line of pine trees that pass by like ghosts.

"Why?"

"Because we are monsters. They won't understand. You always suspect the bad in everything."

"Not always...." I meekly retort while staring at my white converse that appear just bleached and shining brighter than ever before.

"Here's an example: Aliens. Have we ever talked to them? No. Do we fear them? Yes." She still makes no eye contact with her ideas completely firm in her mind.

"We are dangerous."

*******END FLASHBACK****

"Hello?" Zayn echoes throughout the bus after everyon exits to eat at the small diner they had stopped at.

"Stay quiet," I hiss to Em as her willpower wanes and wants to reply.

"Hello? Erm..... Sky? ...... E-Emilee? A-are you there?" His voices shakes and bounces off the walls causing my heart to flutter faster as he stands right by me. Don't move. We could disappear into the night.

*

*

*

*

*

What's the point of existing? Life is a game that you can chose to participate in or spectate. I'm doing a little less that spectating at this point. I'm not cheering I haven't even payed for my ticket to the stadium. I feel like I'm cheating. Life should be this easy. Life shouldn't be this hard. I could just sleep my life away and no one would care.

Just sleep. Everything will go away.

I let myself drift off knowing that I would wake up to suffer this again.

****DREAM****

Back at school? I walk past the empty hallway and pass all of the green lockers stacked into the walls. All the same posters stand there from May and my old locker glistens against the wall down the main hallways as if light were emitting from it.

14 right

The light almost seems blinding as it reaches out of the locker.

37 left

The nearby lockers begin to rattle out of their places with some swinging open with a large clunk.

5 right.

*Click*

Empty. Nothing inside. The light has disappeared and nothing is in array.

In disappointment I sigh and close the door to hear a crowd form behind me with footsteps and side conversations. In general, it's the same banter you would expect I'm any high school. I swing my head around to find the normal school hall with familiar faces leaning against lockers and talking to friends.

"Hey Sky!" Lacy bounces past with a smile.

"'Sup Skylaaaaa!" Ethan sounds practically trampling onto people with his large stature. He's never even known my name before because he's Mr. Popular.

"Hey Sky!" More kids walk past with a grin everytime they see my face, bringing one to my own.

"Morning Skylar!" Logan winks as he goes to open his locker just next to me. His perfectly tan skin and green eyes shine brightly with cute dimples popping up on his cheeks. He does his combination and looks back at me as I stand with a shocked face.

"What's up babe? Not a good day?"

My mouth stumbles to form some sensible words to flirt back with him as he comes closer to embrace me in a hug as the ten minute bell rings.

"We'll I really hope you have a great day. See you!" He winks again and heads off to first period AP Government.

"SKY OAKWOOD FOR HOMECOMING QUEEN!"

"VOTE SKY FOR STUDENT BODY PRESIDENT!"

"SKY BE SOOOO FLY!"

I blush as the football team chants my name with their athletic jerseys and towering above me.

They all love me. They all care.

"Sky?"

"Skyyyyyy?"

"Sky are you okay?"

***********END DREAM******

"Sky?" My eyes shake open to find em with worried eyes and hovering above me. "Sky you were bawling in your sleep. What's wrong?" I feel more water slip out from my eye and squeeze them shut.

Of course.

I started crying in my dream. It was all to real. All too perfect. All too fake.

How is anyone supposed to care for the girl that you can't even see?

"This is the story of a girl that cried a river and drowned the whole world. And while she looked so sad in her photographs I absolutely love her when she smiles."