14: Guardian Reapers

Guardian Reapers

********EM********

I'm barely able to get myself of the ground. It doesn't even feel worth it. I'm not worth it.

Worthless. I don't even deserve to be found or seen. I could just lay here and die. But aren't I already dead?

Ever wanted to know what it's like to be dead to the world? My mom always used to say that she felt sorry for people that commit suicide, as if they didn't know what they were getting themselves into. What if they just don't move on? Isn't that worse? Waiting and suffering?

Louis backs away as Sky pushes herself up against the cabinet quietly. "Your Emilee, right?" Niall asks, knowing my name from the case. "Erm... Give a knock on the table if you can hear me..." They all look around trying to hear something.

How long am I supposed to play this whole ghost shit?

"I hear you loud and clear Niall," I say, smirking to myself while Sky's mouth drops.

"Oh. A talking ghost?" Louis demands sassily. "Oh I'm just done with this," he begins to walk away but turns as I say "Wait Louis,"

He calmly sits down next to Niall at the kitchen table. I grab Sky by the collar to pull her closer. I'm sick of this.

"Soo....... Teenage ghosts?" Liam whispers, hoping not to be heard.

"I wouldn't really call us ghosts.." Sky begins.

"It's derogatory and unspecific!" I joke, making Niall's face scrunch in frustration and confusion.

"They are guardian angels, remember?" All eyes turn to Louis who sits calmly with his legs crossed and a completely serious face.

"Right! You go Glen coco!" Sky exclaims out of habit and catches herself, covering her mouth in frustration.

"I never thought ghosts would quote mean girls. I need to see this," Harry says from behind me. How is he so calm about it? Niall and Liam are practically cowering together in a corner. I'll admit, I'm a big Niam shipper. Just look how cute.

Sky points to them and mouths Niam and I have to cover my mouth again not to laugh. It's like I'm alive again, giggling to fill the despair and emptiness. Wrap it around your head already Em! You aren't dead. I just feel so empty I'm even thinking that I'm dead.

I can barely remember the times that I would go home and my parents would smile at me with my brother by my side. I bet they don't even realize that I'm gone. They might show some sympathy but its all for show. They don't want to be seen as cold hearted. Sky's mom actually cared. Sure they didn't always get along but they had a bond that couldn't be broken. Even giggles can't bring out joy in me. I'm broken.

And I'm not worth the effort to fix.

"And no one comes to save you now" rings through my head from eyes open by Taylor Swift. Maybe I'll be happier with song.

Doubtful.

I wish I could maintain the smile off my face, but it melts away easily. Harry takes a seat next to Louis calmly. Now the only one to get up is Zayn but I'm sure he could sleep through anything.

"How old were you when you died?"

"Seventeen." We both mumble simultaneously.

"How?" Louis questions again.

"Died on the way..."

"To what?"

"Your concert."

"Oh god..." Liam begins, bringing his hands to his head. "We killed someone. Actually two people! We are awful people!"

"Liam you didn't kill us," Sky laughs, slyly leaning against the wall.

"It's creepy that you know our names but we don't know yours." Niall shrugs, trying to be polite but his blue eyes still sparkle with fear.

"I'm Sky Oakwood," she says and I notice Louis whisper,"Her voice is softer," and "Her voice is deeper," when I say that my name is Emilee Bridges.

"You have good choice in music," Niall smirks, flipping through the songs on the iPod again.

"Can I have my iPod back?" I demand, holding my hand out for him to place it there. Wait, he can't see it. He holds it out in his hand way far out so I easily snatch it.

Liam's head lifts up again to demand," What's it like to die?"

I can't even answer that. I don't know. I don't want to know. Say something reassuring.

"It's not scary. It's like going to sleep and being in a dream... That isn't a dream. Any doubts are voiced and you just feel good about yourself. You feel complete." Sky smiles through her answer, feeling it is appropriate and heartfelt. All I see is that it's total lies.

We are utterly pathetic little liars. We are entangled in a mess of lies and confusion with no one to release us. What day is it even? Time flies when you are having fun?

"So is death-" Harry begins but I cut him off with a snappy retort of "I don't want to talk about it right now." All of them seem to look down to the table and whisper "oh".

We are too deep in all of this. How much are we supposed to lie to them. We can't continue to fabricate a story forever. I need help.

For now, I'm succumbing to my fate of empty consciousness. I might rather be dead. I'm a grim reaper.

"Now I'm a dead man talking talking talking yeah I'm dead man walking walking walking"

_________________________

Sorry it's a kinda crappy chapter it's filler. Next update will be better. Promise!

But the next update won't be next week it will be the week after...yup.

Please vote for this story! I'd you like it and it gets a bunch of votes I will update sooner! I would seriously love you times a million if you just voted for each chapter. I'm moving up in the paranormal category and I'm sooo excited!

Question of the day: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THIS STORY?

Tell me in the comments!

I love you all ~Millennia

P.S. please read my story, "Confessions of a Fandom Freak" because its a good story but it barely has any reads whatsoever.

P.P.S:

Wattpad is really not working right now... So I have tried to get this up yesterday soooooo I'm a good author that tries to update quickly it's just the system that hates me.