10: Unrequited

10: Unrequited

Author's Note: hey guys and dolls! I hope you like this chapter!

I'm trying to keep my new schedule for updating

Tuesdays-- Confessions of a Fandom Freak

Friday-- The Haunting of One Direction

What Stays in Vegas has way longer chapters so... that will be updated when I can. Sorry...

CHECK OUT MY NEWEST STORY CONFESSIONS OF A FANDOM FREAK!!

__________________________

***EM****

"Just get your bags quickly Niall. Just don't go to the corner," Liam says softly, whispering to Niall as they pick up their bags.

"Why are you whispering? It's not like you wake up ghosts. They don't sleep or anything!" Niall remarks, scoffing at Liam teasingly. I jab Sky in her side quickly, making her jump to consciousness.

She mouths an angry "what?!" as I point and stand up quickly, following them out the door as Sky rubs her eyes groggily. It seems like a lot of work to be the top stalkers of One Direction.

*******************

"Last night was scary weird," Louis spits out, breaking the awkward tension while Sky lays on the floor in the back, still trying to sleep while I enjoy the company.

"I can't believe we got a haunted room, don't you have to like... pay for that in a lot of hotel rooms?" Harry asks, staring off into space beyond anyone.

"Shut up Harry this is serious. They said they were 'guardian angels' for us," Liam begins, making air quotes in the process,"What if we are the haunted ones not the hotel?"

"Scary shit..." Niall sighs, practically ending the conversation with nothing else to say. Sky stirs and pushes herself up to sitting position, still groggy with puffy eyes.

I silently shift over to her, crawling across the floor to sit next to her.

"I don't even know what to think...could we be dead?" she says, without her mouth moving.

We can't be dead. I know we aren't.

"How do you even know?" she asks, responding as though she knew what I was thinking.

I inhale sharply, not sure what to think anymore. I just know? I ask myself, about to say it while she stares out the window ahead, watching the trees pass by as we take off across Seattle, stuck in traffic.

"But there is so much evidence...."

How does she just know what to say without me even speaking? I guess we are that good of best friends.

I look at her, making direct eye contact as she says,"You were saying everything, what are you talking about?"

I'm not talking though...

"You were...," she starts, dropping her sentence realizing her lips were'nt moving either.

Can you hear my thoughts?

"I guess..Wizardry."

Are you sure you aren't just accidentally doing ventriloquism..? You did that one class with your brother once.

"No. I'm not! We can read each other's thoughts. Too bad you don't think much in the first place," she says(erm thinks?) smirking to herself in satisfaction.

I huff in disbelief, looking over to the boys distractedly, noticing Liam shake Niall's quiff around playfully as Niall shrieks, making a perfect Niam moment. Gosh they are so adorable.

"We have bigger problems that Niall's perfect hair!" she snaps, widening her eyes in distress.

"LIKE TEAAA!" Louis yells, interrupting the quiet conversation they had continued. The bus driver had make a giant loop around the main streets, going down Evergreen Boulevard.

Evergreen.

Same road as the tea shop. Same road as the tea shop. Same road our lives changed forever.

"Stop the bus," Paul yells flatly, making the bus driver pull over.

"Ooh. Eternal Eclipse Specialty Teas... I wonder if they have Yorkshire," Louis mumbles to himself, bolting off the bus and forgetting about everything else.

Before I can even think of what I'm doing, I follow him off, making a quiet patter down the steps.

As soon as I reach good terra firma, I see Arnold sitting across from Ben at the outside table, his eyes puffy from tears.

"I never even told her that I had a crush on her since 6th grade!" he mumbles, running the fresh tears from his eyes. His tall posture curves over onto the table, seeming torn apart completely. He's talking about me. I'm dead, remember?

I always knew that he liked me. I was best friends with him throughout elementary school before Sky moved here in 6th grade. He was really my only friend.

But things change. He got tall and muscular, I didn't go through puberty fast enough. We started to drift apart, only seeing each other during lunch. Soon, the only time I saw him was at work. He had a girlfriend freshman year but they broke up after she felt that there was someone else.

I couldn't bring myself to become close to him again. He was in love with me for goodness sakes. Who the hell would ever fall in love with me? I'm invisible to most people. Anyone that falls in love with me must be pathetic. And so I let him be his awkward self around me, much different from his normal confident stature amongst his other soccer player friends.

"I was waiting to ask Sky to homecoming," Ben mumbles, flipping his long shaggy hair to the side. I'll admit, he was pretty handsome. In a sense, I would "ship" her and Ben. They would just be cute together. They both were on academic team together as super nerds and got to know each other that way. Not to mention all of those days they spent joking around in journalism...

But none of that can happen now can it?

"I have to piss soooo bad," Harry blurts, not caring what the others think of his weird statement.

"Wow Hazz. I'm tweeting that," Niall says, smirking as he pulls out his phone. Oh Niall.

But Ben really likes Sky? How could I not see this before? I practically scream the statement to myself, angry for not noticing it before. I guess I'm not a very good matchmaker after all.

"What?!" Sky ask, bolting down the steps after hearing my thoughts.

Her lips quiver slightly as she she forms the words,"H-He does?"

_________________________

Author's Note.... againnnn

This chapter was meant to be a bit longer but that will carry on into the next chapter.

Hope you like it though!!

I love you guys so much!

Your comments seriously make my day and I'm really stressed this weekend because I'm finally realizing how much work goes into senior year. I'm a really good student so I'm taking 4AP and 2 Honors. I just searched all the dates for college applications...

I'm applying to 8 colleges. Yes, I'm insane. I have to get a scholarship because we have no extra money.

I'm stressed times a million.

Comment and vote please!

xx Millennia