13: Material

*******SKY********

I stand up on the stage to greet the crowd with my microphone. They are constantly chanting my name. For the best part, they are noticing me. I'm seen. And loved. I've never felt more alive.

"Sky."

"Sky."

"Sky! The crowd shouts, growing more aggressive.

My arm flops to the side involuntarily and I groan. "Sky. Get up."

I flutter my eyelids to see Em in a frenzy. The couch is warm beneath me and feels so unfortunate to leave.

"It's not fair. You get to sleep..." I groan, running my hand through my hair. Funny, I haven't taken a shower since right before the concert and my hair is still perfectly clean and so is my body. At least this gig has a small perk.

"Niall got my IPod. I dropped it and he saw it and grabbed it," she whispers hoarsely into my ear.

"Just get it back later," I retort, climbing back in and closing my eyes. "No." She grabs my arm and yanks me up.

Em opens the door slowly, with just enough room for us to squeeze by so no one will notice. Niall sits on the couch in the kitchen, weighing the orange iPod in his hands and constantly checking the back where it says Emilee.

"They thought we were only at the hotel. They thought we lef-"

"They thought wrong," I but in, pushing my way to look closer at Niall.

He beings to flip through the selection of songs. Of course, he hits a one direction song about every one in three.

It has everything. Even songs that just came out. Em constantly synched it for when she would go to the gym. Speaking of the gym, I haven't eaten in days. I don't even feel hunger. More perks?

I really need to get on that pro-con list.

Pro: don't have to eat.....

Con: we are freaking invisible

Pro: don't have to shower

Con: we are freaking invisible

Pro: don't have to go to school or clean or anything

Con: ill never be loved

Pro: you will never be bullied by anyone ever again

Con: it would be easier to just be dead

"What is that?" Liam quips from behind me as I move out of his way, hitting the wall.

Niall doesn't say a word just walks over to Liam's laptop and opens it again to the page from before. Liam reads the headline again as Niall flashes the engraving to him. They both swallow hard, uncovering a mystery.

What would uncovering this mystery even solve? Even if they find out who we are and the fact that we aren't dead, we are still stuck as invisible people.

Kony's Invisible children. It was this big campaign against child soldiers. They don't have a thing on us.

Looking behind me, Louis stirs out of him bed and stands up to come meet the other two boys. "What's up gu-" he stops as he bumps into Em as she was huffing over trying to get back her iPod.

"What-" Liam questions

"was" Niall huffs.

"that?" Louis says, stepping back onto his bed as Em gets up from the floor.