Lies

Megan's POV:

As we all hide in the trees surrounding Fairy Cottage, I find it weird for this to be the place that Aurora hid from my mum. The lights are on inside, so stealth was needed. Mal has the ember in hand just in case. Ben pushes open the door and we all rush in. Jay goes straight upstairs to check she's not there, everyone else looks around. 

"She's not upstairs." Jay tells us when he comes back down. We all sigh in annoyance, but then there's banging from inside a cupboard, Ben goes to open it, and we he does, we're met with the sight of Chad sitting on the floor in a ball.

"Chad?" Ben asks. 

"I want my mummy." Chad replies in a small voice. I look away from the sight to stop myself from laughing. Ben goes to help him up, but Chad flinches away. Ben then convinces him it's okay and helps him up.

"What happened, bud?" Ben asks. Chad doesn't respond, just looks around at everyone. He then looks back to Ben.

"Ben!" He exclaims, he then brings Ben close by the collar of his jacket then strokes his beard a little. "Your face. She's gone, huh? The doors open. I'm free. FREEDOM!" He then runs out the open door and we can hear him whooping from far away. As soon as he's gone, I can't hold it. I burst out laughing, and so does Harry. 

"Oh, that was brilliant." I manage to get out between laughs. 

"It was, wan't it." Harry replies, also still laughing. Once we recover, we all then leave the house. As we walk, Uma speaks up. 

"Alright, let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already." She says. I laugh. "What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?" Mal and I join her and do a three-way fist bump.

"You know, some day you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up." Ben says, putting an arm around Mal. 

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing either." Alex says, doing the same to me. 

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over." Evie says from behind us. 

"She did?" Alex asks me. 

"Yeah, she did." I reply. 

"Mal?" Ben asks her. 

"I have to tell you guys something." Mal says, making us all stop. She walks ahead of us and turns to face us.

"Mal, what is it?" I ask. 

"I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle." Mal says. 

"What-" I start, but my voice breaks, Jay takes over. 

"What do you mean?" He asks. 

"The program is shut down, and the barrier will be closed for good." Mal continues. 

"For Auradon's safety." Ben adds.

"Hold up." Uma says, she walks closer to Mal. "So, we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie? I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself."

"And you, King Benny. Yer probably jus' gonna throw us all back inside." Harry says. 

"You know what? I actually thought you were brave. You're nothing but a chicken.  Too scared to tell me I was never going to see my dad again." Celia says to Mal. 

"Celia. Celia, no!" Mal yells, but it's too late. Celia had taken the ember and thrown it into a bird bath. The ember lost it's glow, and it's power. I feel a burning pain through my veins and I cry out. I almost fall but Alex catches me.