New Beginnings

Megan's POV:

After I'm ready I start to walk down the stairs to the kitchen. I hear the others talking in there, and the sound of my heels echo as I walk across the wooden floor. As I enter the kitchen, they all turn to me. 

"Do I look okay?" I ask. They all nod. 

"Give us a twirl, my lady Megan." Jay says in a 'posh' voice. 

"Oh, of course my kind sir, anything you say." I reply in an equally 'posh' voice, spinning around. 

"You look beautiful, Meg." Madelyn comments from her seat around the bar. I walk over to her and hug her from behind. 

"Thanks, Kiddo." I reply. There's then a knock at the door. I start to walk over, but Jay stops me. 

"Oh, no. This is just like old times he's getting a talk." Jay says. 

"Jay." I start to protest, but he has already made it to the door. 

"Hey, Jay." Alex greets. 

"Right, we're doing this again. Meg is my sister, I may not be as tough as I once was on the Isle, but I will still beat you to a pulp if you hurt her." Jay threatens. 

"I get it Jay." He replies. 

"Good good." Jay says. I look to Mal and roll my eyes. 

"Hold on, why didn't Ben get one of these?" I ask. 

"Oh, he did." Mal replies, looking to Ben amused. Ben nervously chuckles.

"It wasn't fun." Ben replies.

"I bet not." I reply. 

"Come on then, you're prince is waiting." Jay says.

"Oh, can I go now? Have you finished interrogating him?" I ask. 

"Yep, you're all good." Jay says.

"Bye, guys." I say to the others. 

"Have fun." Evie tells me. I wave goodbye and move towards the door. When I get there Alex is in a suit, and he's staring at me with his jaw dropped. 

"Wow, you look beautiful." He compliments. I start to blush.

"You look handsome." I reply. He holds out his arm and I take it. Together we walk away from the castle. He opens the limo door for me and I climb in. We talk about random things in the back while we travel to wherever we're going. 

We arrive at a beautiful dock area, there's a pier and at the end a romantic dinner set up for two. I smile at Alex and he looks back with the same smile. He takes my hand as we walk over to the table. 

-*-

The dinner was great and the company has been brilliant. I've had a great time, and Alex seems to be enjoying himself too, but I can't help but notice that something's off. After eating, we're now sitting with our legs dangling off the pier, just looking at the reflection of the stars on the water. 

"Are you okay?" I ask him. 

"Me?" He asks. And this is where I really no something is up. 

"No, I'm talking to my fish friends. Yes, you." I reply. He nervously chuckles. 

"Right, yeah, of course, sorry." He replies. 

"What's wrong?" I ask. 

"Okay, well I need to talk to you about something." He replies. "And I ask you not to interrupt until I'm finished. Okay?" 

"What's wrong, you're worrying me?" I reply.

"Do you promise not to interrupt?" He asks. I nod. He takes a breath and starts to talk. "Look, I know that we haven't been together for very long, and believe me when I say they have been the best months of my life. My eyes search for you when you are not around. My heart aches when I don't find you. You are the reason for all my happiness and without you my life would be so dull. I know we've had our ups and down, but every couple does. My life is wonderful because you are with me, you make me happy even if I feel sad and low. Your smile lightens up my life and all the darkness disappear. Your love has made me crazy. I will love you till the end of my life. And I want to be with all my life. Megan Gertrude, will you marry me?" I feel the tears in my eyes as Alex kneels there on one knee, holding a box with a ring inside. 

"Alex Nigel, it would be my honour to call myself your wife." I reply to him. His face lights up and he puts the ring on my finger. He then picks me up and spins me around. I laugh, and then once he's put me down we come together for a kiss.

"I love you, Megan Gertrude." He whispers as his head leans against mine.

"I love you too, Alex Nigel." I reply. He smiles. 

"Well, we should probably get back." He says. I nod and take his outstretched hand. But before we leave I turn back to him. 

"Oh, before I forget." I say. Before he can answer I push him into the water. He splutters in shock and looks to me. 

"What was that for?" He asks me. 

"You brought up my middle name." I reply with a smirk. 

"That's not fair. This was a new suit." He says with a fake pout. I laugh and start to walk off. I hear him climbing out the water and running after me. I start running towards the limo. As we come back to the limo the driver looks in shock, before warning me that Alex was behind me. I rush away and around to the other side of the limo. After running round again, I feel him closing in so I use my magic to dry him just before he hugs me.

"Well, would look at that. You didn't succeed in getting me wet." I tease, turning around to face him. He pouts again. I smile and bring him in for a kiss. He returns the kiss and then pulls away and looks into my eyes. The driver then looks to my hand before congratulating us. I thank him and then follow Alex into the car. 

-*- 

When we get back, I'm shattered, but of course there's some people inside the house that mean more than me. So I make my way towards the VKs rooms to check they're okay. I first go into Celia's room to see her fine, the same with Dizzy and the twins. I then walk into Madelyn's room and see her still awake. I walk in and turn the light on dimly. 

"You okay, Kiddo?" I ask her. She looks to me.

"I couldn't sleep. My mum normally sings me to sleep." She replies. I kneel beside her bed. 

"I could sing for you?" I ask. She nods with a smile. She moves over and pats the spot in the bed beside her, I smile before taking off my shoes and sliding into the bed. She curls into my chest and I stroke her hair. "What song does your mum normally sing?" 

"The one from her story, that Rapunzel sang to her." She replies. I nod and then move her so she's comfy. I start to sing as I stroke her hair.  I feel her relax against me and see she's asleep, I smile and then start to drift off myself.