Addicted. Chapter Eleven

Chapter eleven- Labryinth. 

Criminals killed by criminals. An ironical death.

Published: 20/11/2012

NYC, Queens, The fire in an abandoned house inQueens, which resulted in the death of two young men, as reported by NYT two weeks back, has gotten more substantial. The victims of that ruthless fire have been identified, and after the police further investigated, it did not look like a mere fire gone wrong incident. The victims are said to be gang members, running the streets ofQueens, which has always been plagued by crime. The victims’ names are identified through their dental record, Adrian Roberts and Antonio Morreti, both of them having a history of criminal cases preceding them. But, what added fuel to the ‘fire’ was the fact that these gang members were not killed by fire, but a .79 calibers bullet was used, which is used for the rifles were taken out of the victims’ bodies. But, according to the witnesses none of them heard any of the gunshots. Amidst the speculations of the police being this the crime of vengeance, rage and removing the competition, the police thinks the crime has not been committed by a rookie or a fellow gang because, the case is airtight and there is no way to find out the criminal. It is what every homicide detective fear, the perfect crime.

Andrew Fillon reported from Queens, New York City.

Vivian’s hand shook as she folded back the newspaper and kept it back on the coffee table. A perfect crime, Vivian thought as got up to get dressed for work. Vivian had actually underestimated James and his power, he had come and attended Christian’s hearing as if he was strolling in a park, and to be honest, Vivian hadn’t actually believed James. Or she didn’t want to believe him.

She was taking a hot shower when a chill ran through her back, why was she fighting so hard to believe what was the truth? James was a criminal, a gangster, he never denied it nor did he ever defend himself. James never showed that he had a redeemable quality. Then why did Vivian want him to have one? Besides, she hadn’t met him or talked to him in two weeks then why couldn’t she stop thinking about him? She tried to shrug off all the thoughts about him as she wrapped her bathrobe around her and made her way to her bedroom.

 While on her way, she glanced through the window, and saw the blue Camaro again, which she had been seeing for two weeks now. All the earlier stalkerish feelings had vanished when she realized that the Camaro was getting a regular here. Vivian realized that she was having these irrational thoughts because of James Sinclair. He dealt with irrational.

Vivian started her car as fast as she could. She had a meeting to attend at nine. It was a very important meeting with an international client. As soon as she reached the office, she went through the presentation again, along with her colleagues and discussed several aspects that could be an obstacle in getting their international client on board with their project.

Vivian’s boss, her colleagues were entering the conference room when they put their phones on silent mode

The meeting went for a long time. It was a risky project but they finally got the clients on board who were funding more than half of the project cost. A mood of celebration settled in, as it was a multi-billion project.

As everyone left the conference room, with a smile on their faces, Vivian switched on her cell phone, she had five voicemails. All of them were from Christian.

She called up Christian, without bothering to listen to any of his voicemails, he picked up in a ring, ‘’Why can’t you pick up my phone? Huh? What if I was dying?! Or being raped?!’’ Christian said frantically.