Addicted- Chapter sixteen

PLEASE READ: 

Okay guys, new chapter :D A heads up to everybody, this chapter has a lot of bloodshed and those gory scenes. Now actually we are venturing into the hardcore essence of the book. :P Another thing, I wanted this chapter to be really good, since it is one of the most important chapter of the Addicted. 

Now, I don't really know if I have managed to live up to my own expectations :P But, I would really appreciate if I get some COMMENTS giving me a Feedback. If you find anything confusing please ask me! It's a long chapter and a lot of effort went behind the idea of this. SO PLEASE COMMENT! 

PLEASE!

______________________________________________________

'Everybody is animalistic. Some more than others.'

Chapter- Animal. 

James ran to the living room. He tried to ask Vivian what was wrong; he did not get a reply.

Vivian stood there frozen. She did not even blink.

James tried again, he was afraid to touch her but, he did anyway. He shook her shoulders hard.

Vivian blinked; suddenly the realization came back, hitting her hard. Even though terror and panic gripped her from inside her voice came out firmly.

‘’they have Christian,’’ she said, and then the realization of rest of the words set in. Vivian grew hysterical; she got down on her knees, trying to put her phone in a working condition. She had to save Christian.

James’s response to her words was a haze to Vivian, as she tried to switch her damn phone on. Its screen was cracked, but Vivian continued to press down the power button with all the force she could muster. Tears started to brim her eyes as the phone screen continued to remain blank.

James slowly took Vivian’s hands in his, and then the other held her chin gently making her look in his eyes, she felt shiver with pleasure at the slight, lingering touch. Vivian’s hysteria decreased as she gazed in James’s eyes. He looked calm, but his eyes had turned liquidly. It resembled a sea.

Vivian slowly grew calm, refusing the tears to fall on her cheeks, ‘’And?’’ James prompted Vivian.

Vivian continued to maintain the eye contact, afraid that if she broke it she would get hysterical again, ‘’they said I should check tomorrow’s newspaper for my brother’s murder report,’’ She replied back.

James body language didn’t change even a bit, ‘’what else did the text say?’’

‘’If I try to ask James Sinclair for help. They’ll burn him alive.’’

‘’Tom, I need you, Leo and Marcus to meet me immediately in the warehouse,’’ James said, while driving Vivian to Ryder’s house.

Tom replied in affirmative but didn’t dwell on the details, he knew James wouldn’t indulge in details right then. James glanced at Vivian; her eyes looked dead as she looked straight ahead. James gripped the steering wheel in frustration; it was his entire fault this was happening. All my fault, the thought kept echoing in James’s mind, making him grip the steering wheel even more tightly. James’s knuckle protested in pain as they turned white but, he continued punishing himself.

As he took the turn to Ryder’s apartment street, James rang him up, ‘’I am coming,’’ James stated as soon as Ryder picked up the phone, ‘’And Miss. Wade is with me,’’ he added, Ryder wanted to ask what it was about, but thought better of it and just replied, ‘’okay,’’ James cut off the call, taking a harsh right turn and screeching to a halt.