Addicted- Chapter Three

• Dedicated to Karen Marie Moning

'Shit happens. You survive. 

It's how you go on that defines you.'

Chapter Three- Slave.

Vivian wanted to kill her brother herself.

Throughout the ride to Sinclair’s office, he had been gloating about James Sinclair. It saddened and disgusted Vivian that it made Christian as happy as a kid in a carnival when he was actually about to meet James Sinclair.

She didn’t know how her brother had turned out like this.

Neither was she interested to know.

All she wanted was her brother to not go to jail. Despite the fact that she acted all like she didn’t give a shit about anyone or anything. She cared about her brother, at least cared enough not to see him waste his youth in jail.

‘’And you know what? Eight years back, he killed of the Moreno’s, the Sicilians and that Pajama king gang.’’ Christian continued, grinning ear to ear, stating the fact with reverence, you’ll find in a Father’s voice when he talked about Jesus.

Vivian gritted her teeth in frustration, as the car stood still on a red light, ‘’And BOOM! One day all of the big gangs in New York destroyed! And he rose to power. Man! Isn’t he epic?’’

Vivian tapped the steering wheel impatiently, ‘’Vivi, did you hear me?’’

Vivian glared at Christian for a second before revving the engine of her Jaguar as the light turned green. Out of the corner of her eye Vivian noticed that her glare hadn’t been able to melt down Christian’s behavior unlike the other times. Christian was about to say something when Vivian cut him off, her eyes still on the road as she recalled the directions to Sinclair’s &Co. ‘’Shut up, Christian.’’

And that shut him off for the rest of the ride.  

Vivian was basically clueless about James when she entered the huge building of Sinclair’s &Co. She just knew that he was young gangster slash entrepreneur whom she had ran into almost three months ago. The huge loan company he had was just a façade behind which he hid his black business. 

She just didn’t know what the extent of that illegal business was. And she was least interested to find out.

‘’Shit! I never knew the building was so huge.’’ Christian stated as Vivian and him entered the glass made fifteen floor building, which would have made any architect bow to it in admiration. The building was steal and glass, the height of modern architecture. 

Vivian grabbed him by his arm harshly, ‘’Stop acting like a stupid kid, Christian and get moving.’’ She said coldly.

‘’Party pooper.’’ Christian muttered under his breath but Vivian heard him. She looked around for the reception, ‘’this way.’’ Christian pointed as his eyes found the steel plate stating the reception area.

Silently, the brother and sister went to the reception area, and found a group of well dressed people attending to the request of all people.

‘’How may I help you, Ma’am?’’

‘’I want to meet Mr. Sinclair.’’ Vivian said to a young man with huge blue eyes, which made him look a bit crazy.

The young man gave Vivian a polite smile, ‘’Do you have an appointment, Ma’am?’’

Vivian shook her head, and the young man gave another polite smile which Vivian found a bit irritating now, ‘’I am sorry, ma’am but you cannot meet him without an appointment.’’