Addicted- Chapter Seven

-- 'Oxygen is trivial. Desire makes life happen. Makes it matter. Makes everything worth it. Desire is life.'

Chapter Seven- Fight. 

No, this is not happening. Vivian started chanting in her head as she snuggled back in the comfort of the leather seat of the Lamborghini.

Meanwhile James got out of his side of the car and went around to Vivian’s side. He opened the door, waiting for Vivian to get out of the car but she sat there burying herself in the seat, with a frozen look on her face and pale as a white sheet.

James started to smirk; Vivian wasn’t the strong, fearless self she projected herself to be. She was scared of James’s world. Very scared, ‘’Miss Wade, we don’t have all day,’’ James tapped the top of the car on which he was leaning on.

Vivian blinked once, wishing it was all a bad dream, then she blinked again realizing it wasn’t that easy to get out of this situation, ‘’I don’t want to go,’’ She whispered, her voice almost pleading.

James’s smirk grew wider, he would love to see Vivian on her knees, groveling to him, ‘’you know what you signed up fo—

‘’Can you lay off the threatening for one second?’’ Vivian snapped back, regaining her voice, ‘’Why are you making me do all this?’’ Vivian asked, now that she thought about it, she really couldn’t find any other reason for this kind of torture she was going through except for the fact that James was getting pleasure from all this.

James didn’t answer for a second, ‘’I am not obligated to answer your questions.’’ He replied back, clenching his jaw.

Vivian gritted her teeth in frustration. For one second back there, Vivian thought James was a likeable person. She was mistaken. He was a heartless jerk, who got some sort of sadistic pleasure in torturing her with situations that she couldn’t handle.

Vivian wasn’t meant for this kind of life. She hadn’t touched a gun in her life, didn’t know how to shoot, she didn’t enjoy much of action sequence including all those gruesome killing in the movies either. And even though she had gotten through her parents death with a calm head, she wasn’t prepared for this.

  She wasn’t meant or prepared for James Sinclair world.

Vivian glared at James, ‘’and I am not obligated to do any of this, don’t help my brother, I don’t care. Take me back, I am not making any deals with you, ‘’ Vivian replied, her voice had a fierce and determined edge.

James stood straight, looking straight in Vivian’s eyes, and realized she meant every word of what she had said, ‘’It’s to protect you,’’ James replied back in a mumble.

Vivian too sat straight in her seat, still unwilling to get out of the car, in case James dragged her to the club, ‘’what?’’ Vivian questioned, she couldn’t catch James’s word.

James closed his eyes, and said in a pained voice, ‘’to protect you, Miss Wade. Now get your ass out of the car, or I’ll haul you out.’’

Vivian looked at James with confusion and curiosity, ‘’I don’t get—

‘’I am counting till three, Miss Wade.’’

‘’What do you mean by protect—

‘’One—

‘’Am I in some kind of dang—

‘’two,’’ James’s hand went inside the car to pull Vivian out. She realized that James wasn’t going to elaborate any further until she was out of the car. Vivian got up hastily, before James could pull her out.