Chapter 6: ...Stays In The Car

My eyes widened. My jaw dropped. “Mr. Fitzgerald… what are you doing…” 

He had that stupid fucking smirk on his face. 

“Ms. Andrews, I’m just trying to make you more comfortable.” I looked up at him, his eyes were full of… something. Lust? Passion? …Sex. that what it was. This man was turned on! How unprofessional!

I desperately looked around where we were. About to get off the highway. Thank god, that meant only 5, 10 more minutes tops I had to be in the car with James. 

“I’m fine, thank you.” I stiffened and turned my body towards my side of the car. Please get me out of here. Please get me out of here. 

I could hear a faint chuckle from James. He’s enjoying this. This is the asshole I know, being completely inappropriate on purpose just to be rude. 

The driver rolled down the divider ¼ of the way. “Mr. Fitzgerald, we will be there in about 5 minutes.” And quickly rolled the divider back up. I looked over angrily at James. 

“Do you think this is funny?!” I asked him bitterly. 

Looking up from his phone, he matched my intense stare, sending fireworks throughout my body. His blue eyes piercing holes through mine. “That is no way to talk to your boss Ms. Andrews…” 

I can’t believe this bastard. After what he just did to me a few moments ago?! What a fucking hypocrite! 

Excuse me? That little stunt you just pulled? That’s no way to treat your assistants.” 

I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms, somehow thinking I was protecting myself from him touching me again. 

“…. The other ones didn’t seem to mind.” He softly replied, looking at me with an accomplished face, topped off with his signature smirk. And with that, he opened the door and got out, leaving me in the car. Stunned. Silent.