The Final Battle

Standing in front of your parents with Maleficent's hand around your throat isn't the best way to make a first impression. 

As Maleficent practically threw Jack and I into the room where all the royals were tied to chairs and the villains were ready to kill my mother, James, Glinda, Tink, and Hatter for some strange reason I wasn't scared. 

I knew we had lost, especially when Maleficent grabbed the satchel of items from Jack but I wasn't scared that I was going to die. Maybe I was ready? I guess that's what all the honorable people said before they were killed and I had always wanted to be like one of them,... so I guess now was my chance. 

But when I entered the room I noticed four more people had made arrivals, now joining the people tied to the chairs. It was Flynn, Elena, Scarlet and Goldie - they had been caught, which I guess I had expected. 

"You all remember Avalon." Maleficent said as we entered the room. "You know the supposed savior and whatnot. I think this just goes to show that you're little prophecies never work out very well." 

"Avalon." My mother mumbled as her eyes locked into mine. "Avalon!" 

"Shh." Pan said, the shadow's hand's grip around her neck tightening. "I think it's best you don't talk deary, save yourself your last breath." 

I watched as my mother's eyes filled with tears as she stared at me, I could see the resemblance everyone kept on telling me. We had the same blonde curly hair, the same ski slope nose, the same complexion the only difference was our eyes. 

My only dream growing up was to have a family, a real one and that was the only thing that hurt me right now was the fact that I would never get to live that experience. 

"Alright well; Jack, Avalon why don't you two take seats right here." Maleficent said pushing hard on our shoulders to get us to drop to our knee's which we did. "So for those of you who aren't caught up with the times with these people. Avalon here is your little 'savior' in your plan to defeat me - which obviously failed miserably. She's from the Land Without Magic and she came here through a special little book correct?" She didn't wait for a reaction before continuing. "After finding out who she was, Avalon and her little team of heroes decided to try and find the correct items to enact the Volens Enchantment. Only again, you failed. You see, this world has lived on the terms of the whole 'Good always wins' fiasco, only now you see that that is not the case. Because for once, we are going to win. But first things first, it's time to slit your little throats Jack and Avalon." 

"Wait a minute." An Irish voice spoke up from behind me. 

Maleficent froze, clearly shocked from the speak up as well although she tried not to show it. She turned her head, as did I to see Captain Hook lower his hook from Tinkerbell's throat slightly. 

"Maleficent... you aren't really going to kill them." He said, shock written all over his perfectly chiseled face. "They - they're just kids." 

"I'm sorry Hook." Maleficent said "But where exactly have you been for the last month? This was always the plan! Kill the savior!" 

"You didn't say she was a child!" Hook protested. "I... I don't know about this..." 

"Don't tell me you're going weak again Hook." Maleficent sneered taking a few dangerous steps toward the one handed pirate. "Are you really going to try and be honorable again? They won't treat you any differently you know, I thought you learned that the first time. You try and side with them and they'll treat you like a king for a beat. But the minute you step out of line, they'll send you right back here."