Little Bo

The journey back to the Glass Kingdom was long and tiresome without the horses. Once we had gotten a safe distance from the Troll Kingdom we managed to walk at a normal pace instead of a hurried, terrified one. I guess I hadn't realized when Scarlet, Flynn and I trekked her just how big the kingdom was. I knew for sure we were in it, but I still had yet to see the castle or any villages. 

"James how far do you suspect we are to the castle?" I asked as we began to climb up a valley hill. 

"The Bo Family Farm shouldn't be far, from then... we have hours maybe a day by foot. We need to catch a ride or get horses, we don't want to waste much time..." 

"So what do you want us to do?" Flynn asked crossing his arms. "Steal a horse? Walk up to a house and say 'Hey mind giving us a ride to the palace so we can steal our mother's glass slippers?' Yeah I'm sure that would go well." 

"Besides the whole world's looking for Scarlet, Avalon and you two." Jack pointed out to the twins. "You guys can't show faces. They'll turn you in for riches and jewels for sure." 

"You too." Scarlet added "You're Jack the Giant Slayer, people are probably worried sick about your absence plus you are also known to have been with us last time our parents saw us. Therefore, someone see's you - they'll question you to find us." 

"So that leaves..." I began to say before together our heads all turned to Flynn. He seemed to be zoned out for a minute, waiting for me to finish my sentence as he stared at the ground before looking up, startled to see us all looking at him. 

"What - oh... no." He said sharply shaking his head and arms quickly. "No way, I'm not going up to anyone for anything." 

"It's out only choice Flynn." Scarlet said rolling her emerald eyes at the boy. "C'mon we need you to do this." 

"What would I even do? Who would be willing to help me? My face right now resembles a cavemen, we all smell like we've been living in the sewers..." 

"They're peasants Flynn." Elena said "What would they care? Please, we need this - we can't afford to lose time!" 

Flynn was silent staring at all of us as we stared right back, trying to intimidate him as best as we could so he would agree. Finally he let out a sigh, caving in and causing both Elena and I to let out squeals. 

"Fine, where is this bloody farm?" 

James clapped him on the back with a grin on his face and we continued walking up the hill. Right when we reached the top I couldn't help but gasp at the sight before me. It was a farm, one that I suspected to be Bo Family Farms. It spread for acre's with it's rolling hills bright red barns, a small pond and burnt out crops. It had once been beautiful, that part was so clear but the state it was in now - no doubt because of Maleficent left it bare and vacant. 

The pond was a disturbing blood red colour, and the grass that had once been a beautiful chartreuse was turning brown and had dirt patches all over. The valley was still, as if nothing alive were near. 

"Oh my god." Elena whispered. "No." 

She began sprinting down the hill and towards the farm. "Elena!" We called after her, sprinting behind trying to catch up but that girl could run. "Elena what are you doing!" 

She sprinted all the way to the pond and we watched as her sky blue eyes widened in horror and she collapsed holding her stomach. 

"Elena!" James yelled finally coming up beside her and grabbing her before she fell on her back. "What is it?"