The Hatter's Hut

*Warning unedited, please point out any typo's or mistakes thank yaaa*

____________________________________________________________

Scarlet was losing it. 

Maybe not in an obvious way, in fact if Jack hadn't looked at me in a distraught way I may not have noticed. But when I looked at her, really looked at her I could see little differences that were so different from her usual appearance. 

Her bright red lips were knit in a tight line and her emerald eyes seemed to have a fire in them. She walked slowly and dangerously but the way her shoulders slumped instead of been held up high told me she was upset. 

She wandered into the ruins of the cottage and we had no choice but to follow her before she did something stupid. The warmth and beauty of the house as I had known it had disappeared and was now filled with a coll chill and the barren feeling of something dangerous. 

"I can't believe she did this." James muttered under his breath but it was still loud enough for me to hear. 

Scarlet bent down to where the fireplace had once stood providing heat and touched the wood and coals that were buried there. "There still warm." She said softly "She can't be far." 

Immediately Scarlet drew her sword and began to march fast out of the cottage until Jack grabbed hold of her. "Whoa Scarlet, what are you doing?" 

"What do you think?" She snapped slamming her foot on the ground loudly "This was my safe haven Jack! These people were my family and she attacked them!" Her shrieks I was sure could have been heard from miles and were probably attracting some attention but Scarlet seemed to not care. "She's a menace! A horrible witch that needs to be stopped and I'm not going to stand by looking for ridiculous items for a chance at beating her! I want to kill her with this sword--" 

"Scarlet!" Someone screamed from behind us at first I froze even surprised myself by the commanding voice that seemed to be full of authority. But when I turned my head my eyes seemed to bulge right out of my sockets at the culprit. 

Flynn. 

"You need to calm down." He commanded pushing Jack aside and gripping her shoulders forcefully. "I know this sucks, I know your mad - we all do but you need to calm down alright?" Scarlet was shaking as the tears continued to stream down her face, but I could tell from her eyes that she seemed to be taking in everything Flynn told her. "Maleficent's a bitch, your right she's a menace but you can't go charging in on her and expect to win. That's what she wants you to do. This Volens Enchantment's risky, I agree but for now it's our only hope. This is a world of magic right? And right now magic is our only hope." 

Flynn stopped and I noticed that Jack, James, Elena, and I were all frozen with fear as to what was running through Scarlet's head now. The tears had seemed to stop and her emerald eyes were fixated on Flynn's. She seemed to be stuck in a trance, replaying his words in her head before finally she cast her eyes down and lowered her sword. 

"You're right." She whispered "I'm... I'm sorry." 

In unison, if it were even possible my and everyone elses eyes widened as we looked at Flynn. He turned his head to us, as if sensing our eyes on his back and he cocked his head to the side. "What?" 

We were speechless, all of us were until Jack raised his arm and clapped him on the back. "Good job there Flynn." 

Scarlet sighed and began to move past us before she escaped out of the hut. "Can we just... can we just continue? I don't want to stay here much longer - and besides, The Mad Hatter's hut should be close right?"