part 8: teasing

it was the middle of the week, a busy wednesday afternoon full of lectures, exam prep and studying. you spent most of your afternoon in your schools library, alone, your face inches away from your sketchbooks and class notes.

you scribbled down notes and sketches for four hours. you were a broken record when it came to studying, and you didn't allow any distractions to pull your focus away from your goal of getting good grades. 

buzz buzz

buzz buzz

buzz buzz

buzz— okay, maybe one.

you opened up your phone to your messages from timothée, eager to see what he was rapidly texting you about.

wednesday, 5:57 pm

t 🧸
> soo are u done studying?
> because i may or may not have a surprise for you
> and i may or may not be in your apartment building :)
> daaaaaarliiiiiiiiing

your eyes lit up and you laughed, quietly. you noticed the time and looked around the rather barren library. most people would leave at this time for dinner, or not even bother showing up to study until 8 or 9.

but you were determined to do good on your final drawing composition, so you made it your goal to study as much as you could in the next two weeks. 

you fiddled with your phone in your hand, thinking about how soon timothée would be leaving to visit his mom. 

you
i think 4 hours work is enough for tonight... <
i'm leaving in 5 <
see u soon :* <

you packed your supplies in to your back pack, hastily shoving things in to the large pocket. when you got outside of the library, a cold snowflake landed on your nose, and it was nearly pitch black. 

you decide to order an uber instead of walking home, as the frosty air of december was anything but forgiving. 

the uber ride was quick, and you were anxious to see timothée and whatever his "surprise" for you was. you racked your brain on what it could be the whole time you were in the uber, but to no avail. as you walked in to your apartment lobby, you saw Timothée admiring an abstract painting on the wall.

he looked curious, completely absorbed in the painting, pondering about how and why and when and where the artist made it. he was always so thoughtful.

a thin, square package that was wrapped in cheesy christmas paper was held tightly in his one hand, the other mindlessly twirling a strand of his hair. 

you walked over to him and leaned your head on his shoulder, admiring the art with him. he gasped quietly and looked down to you, his goofy laugh erupting from his mouth. "you scared me," he laughed and leaned his head down to kiss your forehead. 

your heart jumped and you were take by surprise by this public display of affection. but, you quickly pushed yourself up on your toes to kiss his forehead back.

"c'mon, let's go up to my apartment," you said, leading him to the elevator.

once the two of you got situated on your bed with Lucky cuddled by your feet, you asked timothée, "so, what's the gift for?"

he smiled and placed it on your lap. "i saw it in a store the other day and it made me think of you," he stared deeply into your eyes. "maybe we could use it right now, together," he offered. you smiled and immediately tore off the snowman wrapping paper.

you discarded it on the floor next to your bed, Lucky jumping off to play with it. you turned over a sturdy tin box to see that it was labeled Atreza Color Pencils – 200 Set.