part 4: laughing

gentle snowflakes piled up outside your window. they coated the trees and street lights in a thick, solid layer of pure white. the cars and heavy foot traffic on the street below you were unforgiving to the snow, leaving it a dirty grey color.

you woke up to the sound of tires slushing through the mixture of salt, snow, and dirt. your blankets were piled high on top of you and Lucky.

you reached your hand out from under your covers to grab your phone. the cold air of your apartment bit at your skin. "Lucky, go turn the heating on for me?" you mumbled as you scratched the cats soft head. he only purred in response.

you opened your phone to see 3 new messages from timothée.

sunday, 10:27 am

t 🧸
> goodmorning darling ☃️ how'd u sleep? it snowed !
> oh, important question
> horror or rom-com?

you held your phone close to your face and quickly texted him back.

sunday, 10:39 am

you
morning t 🌨 i slept okay, had a weird dream...<
how about u? <
hmm... rom-com for sure <

sunday, 10:41 am

t 🧸
> oh? what about??
> i slept alright. my apartment is cold all by myself :(
> rom-com, good choice

you
same here, but i got Lucky keeping me warm <

t 🧸
> never thought i'd be jealous of a cat...

you
and i'll tell u about my dream when i see u <
speaking of, gotta get up! <

you were slow to get out of bed, the wooden floor beneath you dangerously cold. you wrapped yourself up in the fuzziest blanket you had and tip-toed your way to your thermostat. your apartment soon started to fill with warm air.

you tried to go about your day like usual. eat breakfast, get dressed, eat lunch, scroll on your phone, play with Lucky, the works. but your nerves had other plans for you.

your hands were shaking when you ate your breakfast. your stomach was in knots all morning. you couldn't focus on any of the games on your phone. Luckys purrs couldn't slow your heart rate.

you constantly checked the time, waiting for the numbers 6:00 to appear on your phone all day. you had thought of some outfits in your head last night, but fell asleep before you could make up your mind.

you were still trying to decide if you should keep it casual and just wear a sweater, or if you should put on a nice top with some jewellery.

unsure of what to wear, you started getting ready an hour early. you quickly ended up with an outfit that perfectly balanced casual and cute, and your excitement sent you out the door at 5:43 pm.

you held your puffy winter coat tightly to your body and trekked your way through the snow that coated the sidewalk. the bitter winter air helped bring you back to reality and calm your nerves.

your phone buzzed in your back pocket and you pulled it out, staring at it as you walked.

(2) new messages from:
t 🧸