part 5: touching

your hand fell down onto the couch, between you and timothée. your fingers still tightly wrapped around his.

as you began to mumble your dream to him, the two of you moved your hands closer and closer. by the end of it, your small hand was being held by timothée's large, strong one.

"you got some weird dreams, darling," timothée said, mid yawn. his thumb began to gently rub across the top of your hand. you smiled, half asleep, your head leaning toward timothée. "hey, you awake?" he asked, softly.

your eyes fluttered open to a nearly pitch black room. you looked at the digital clock by his tv that read 12:47 am. you rubbed your eyes, gently pulling your hand away from his. "have we've been talking for 4 hours?" you asked him.

"mhm," he sat up a little. "well, kind of. you fell asleep a few times," he smiled, but you couldn't see.

"sorry, weed makes me sleepy," you told him and stretched. you could hear his deep, gentle laugh and felt his hand softly rest on the back of your head.

"do you need to get some rest, y/n?" timothée asked. your eyes were weighed down by sleep and you yawned again.

"i am pretty tired," you turned your head to him, and your eyes slowly started to adjust to the darkness. the moonlight from the window behind him outlined his curls. "your hair is so curly," you ran your hand through his hair, without thinking twice. "you're like a teddy bear," you told him.

the feeling of your fingers ever so slightly pulling at his hair gave timothée butterflies in his chest. he sucked in a short breath. "um," he cleared his throat. "do you have class tomorrow?" he asked you.

"no, just tuesday through thursday. and then sometimes friday," you told him. you felt his silky hair pull away from between your fingers and heard quiet footsteps walk across his wooden floor.

click. timothée turned on a lamp. it was dim, but bright enough that you could see each others faces. his eyelids were still low, but the redness seemed to have faded. he plopped himself back on the couch and sighed.

he stared at you for a few moments, the light of the lamp bouncing off your eyelashes and making your skin glow. you had his blanket still wrapped around you, and he admired how cozy you looked sitting there.

he wondered what it felt like under the blanket, in your cocoon of warmth. maybe if he just scooted closer to you, and lifted the blanket...

"hey, t?" your timid voice broke the silence and pulled him back into reality. he looked up at you, his mouth slightly open and his eyebrows raised. "um, could i maybe... spend the night?"

timothée blinked, his eyes slowly lowering to your nose, then to your lips... his lack of response made your heart skip a beat. "it's just, i don't want to have to walk back home this late, and, i can stay on the couch—"

"o-of course, y/n," timothée finally interrupted you. "you are always welcome here. and, don't be silly," he stood up and reached his hand out. you grabbed it and he pulled you up, so fast your heads almost bumped into eachother.

"you can stay in here," he said as he guided you to a door just next to the stairs. he flicked on a warm yellow light that revealed what seemed to be a bedroom. his bedroom.