part 2: meeting

the sun peeked through your curtain, like it did every morning, prying at your eyes to open up.

you stretched your arms out and took a deep breath in, your body shaking off last nights sleep.

you rolled over to a familiar furry face tucked in between your pillows, sleeping peacefully. carefully, you sat up and crawled across your bed to reach your phone on your nightstand.

wednesday 8:47 a.m.

you stood out of bed, stretching once more, and made your way over to your tiny kitchen. breakfast today was only some toast, because class started in about an hour.

your morning, like most, went by slow and quiet, Lucky the only one to keep you company. but you quite liked that, being able to be alone.

you had the freedom to do whatever you'd like in your own apartment. sure, it was just a small studio, but that didn't stop you from living out your new-york-city-kid-dream.

you got to do everything you'd hoped to; sleep and eat on your own schedule, play music whenever, walk around naked, change in front of the floor to ceiling window that looked over one of the many busy streets of Manhattan—

mrow, mrooooww

"oh Lucky, it's breakfast time for you too" you gave your black cat a rub on his head and went to fill his food bowl.

you floated through the rest of your morning, like a duckling wading through a pond. you ate your breakfast, got dressed, went to class, came back home...

you were just getting through the motions.

when you arrived back to your apartment after class, you dropped your book bag at your feet the second you got inside. you rushed over to your dresser and pulled out a pair of clean sweats and a hoodie.

before letting your tiredness pull you into bed, you tossed your clothes on to the floor and kicked them next to your laundry basket.

your eyes felt heavy and even Lucky's needy meows couldn't get them open. you contemplated getting up to go show him some love, but your thoughts grew quiet and your bed felt softer than ever. then,

buzz buzz

buzz buzz

you groaned and rolled over on to your side. you pulled your phone up to your face and slowly cracked your eyes open.

(2) new messages from:
timothée

you opened your eyes wider and propped yourself up on your elbow. 1031, you unlocked your phone.

wednesday, 4:21 pm

timothée
> giving me the silent treatment, huh?
> i wonder how long you'll last...

you
pretty long, apparently <

timothée
> finally

you
i was in class silly <

timothée
> for 24 hours?

you
yes timothée <
it's this wonderful thing called college <

timothée
> such a scholar

you
something like that <
i'm sorry i haven't replied to u though <

you sat up in your bed and brought your phone closer to your face. the three grey dots popped up from his side of the screen, and you scrolled through your previous messages.