part 6: kissing

you sat in the large lecture hall full of students as your professor droned on about something you weren't even paying attention to. your leg bounced up and down rapidly as you chewed on the back of your pen.

your eyes were glued to the door of the classroom, your mind only focused on one thing: timothée. it had been two days since you last saw him, and your body was growing restless.

the moment your professor said, "alright, well that's the end of todays lecture," you sprung up from your seat and made your way to the door. you feet were moving a hundred miles an hour and you zipped through the halls of the building.

you found yourself almost jogging on your way home, anxious to get back to your apartment and call timothée. the dark trees peppered with snow were all a blur as you passed them. your eyes were only focused on the shimmering ice beneath your feet.

as soon as you got inside your apartment, you pulled your phone out and dialled timothée's number. it rang three slow times, each one creating more suspense than the last.

suddenly, the line clicked and you heard a soft, "hello, darling" from the other side. your mouth turned into a smile and you fell back on to your bed, an eruption of giggles leaving your mouth.

"hi, t! i'm home now," you said. you bit your lip and stared at your stark white ceiling as his melodic voice filled your ear.

"how were your classes today?" he asked, his voice fuzzy through the phone. you heard noise in the background, car horns and people yelling.

"they were fine... are you walking outside?" you asked him. you listened closely as the bustle behind him suddenly died down.

"not anymore," he said in a sing-song-y voice. you sat up in your bed and ran your fingers through your hair.

"where are you?" you asked him, suspicious. suddenly, there was a knock at your apartment door.

"guess," he whispered, and you heard the line disconnect as you jumped out of bed. you ran up to your door and pulled it open to see timothée waiting outside. you grabbed his jacket and pulled him inside, wrapping your arms around him.

he kicked the door shut and squeezed you close, lifting you up and spinning you around. "i missed you, y/n," he said softly into your ear. his voice made goosebumps rise on your arms.

"i missed you too! what are you doing here?" you asked him excitedly. he held your hand and walked you over to your kitchen table. he sat the two of you down and pulled a plastic baggy out from his coat.

"i made you cookies," he handed you the bag that was fogged up. "they're still warm. i only brought a few because i couldn't find a container big enough," he giggled. you opened up the bag and the smell of sugar and cinnamon hit you in the face.

"oh, my god timmy, these look so good!" you pulled one out and immediately took a bite. the heat made your tongue burn but the flavour was irresistible. "this is so sweet, thank you," you said as you continued to stuff your face. timothée pulled one out of the bag for himself and smiled.

"i'm glad you like them, they took me forever to make," he took a bite out of his cookie. "but i knew i had to bring them to you while they were still warm," he looked out your window that was frosted over with ice. "it's super cold today...and i missed you," he smiled.

you bit your lip and blushed. "i was so excited to leave class so i could call you," you held his hand in yours. "but this is so much better!"

timothée finished his cookie and stood up, walking over to your bed and jumping in it. he patted the mattress next to him and smiled. as you walked over, he held his arms out to you and you crawled into his warm embrace.