part 3: talking

"okay, stay just like that..." you said. timothée sat in your bed, perfectly poised in front of the large bay window, with Lucky on his lap.

"your eyes look so pretty in the sun," you mumbled, half paying attention to your words, half paying attention to your drawing.

"thank you darling," timothée's soft voice replied to you. the sunset behind him was lighting up the room in a golden hue, and everything felt magical.

you sat in front of him on your bed and sketched him, like you have been since you got home from the cafe.

"thanks again, y/n, for letting me come over" he said, a shy smile on his face.

"of course, t, why wouldn't i?" you asked, chewing the end of your pen. timothée let out a gentle laugh.

"t?" he asked, his head tilted down but his hazel-green eyes staring up at you.

"yeah, your new nickname. t. like it?" you smirked at him and he smiled back, nodding his head.

"it's lovely..." a comfortable silence went by.

"and... this is just the first real time we've hung out, so, i appreciate you letting me into your space, ya know?" he told you.

"yeah, i do know," you said, appreciatively. you smiled and stared at him for a moment before closing up your sketchbook. you bent over and placed it on the ground.

"what are you doing?" timothée asked, curious.

"tell me about yourself, t. i feel like i've been chatting up a storm all about me," you smiled and scooted closer to him, your knees touching his. "it's your turn now."

he smiled and looked down at Lucky. "alright," he began. "let's see. hmm..." he pondered for a while, but you didn't mind. it gave you an easy excuse to stare at every inch of his beautiful face.

"oh!" he sat up straight. "my favorite color is green. and...my birthday is 2 days after christmas. fun fact, i was supposed to be born on january 3rd, but i came early, so i missed being born in '96 by just 7 days..." he looked at you with an impressed look on his face, proud of his fun fact.

"wait," you said, tilting your head and looking off into your room to think. "so you're...22?" you asked, a smile creeping up on your face.

"yep, that's me," he confirmed. "why?" you couldn't help but giggle. "what? why?" he pressed. you gave him a teethy grin.

"how old am i?" you asked, giggling. his eyes widened. "legal, i hope," he winked. you gasped and flicked his shoulder.

"for real! how old do you think i am?" you asked him.

"well, you're in college, so...20?" he shrugged.

"i just turned 19 last month," you said, laughing at how wide his mouth opened. his face went pale and he looked around your room.

"and i turn 23 next month, fuck," he shook his head and laughed. "so you're only a freshman?" you nodded your head, proud. "huh," he said, pondering.

you let him mull over his new discovery for a moment, but your train of thought quickly turned.

"oh, my god, your birthdays next month! december..." you began, drawing out your words in hopes that he'd finish your sentence for you.

"27th" he said.

"that's so fun! what are your big birthday plans?" you asked, your voice raising.