Chapter 5: Brother Dearest

*This Chapter is not edited*

"When devils will the blackest sins put on

They do suggest at first with heavenly shows"

― William Shakespeare

Kimberly's P.O.V

"Kim, is that really you?" Damon asked. I stood there dumbfounded not knowing what to say or how to react.

...Flashback...

"Sixteen years on the streets and you can learn a lot. But all the wrong things, not the things you want to learn. Sixteen years on the streets and you see a lot. But all the wrong sights, not the things you want to see." I read my favorite quote from The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton.

I've seen violence, crime, and murder multiple times in my 16 year. At times I feel like I'm to young to have witnessed all the things that I have, but than again it's life.

Life was tough in the small town of Oliver. If you weren't in a gang than you weren't safe. Many people get beat up every single day others get killed. I started to carry a switchblade around at the tender age of five. A switchblade that I had stolen from a local corner store.

Gang members are blood who isn't family. To some they're a second family, but to most, like myself they're all we have.

"What are you reading kid?" Damon asked has he slapped the back of my head. I turned around, only to come face to face with his famous smirk. I was only two years younger than Damon, yet he still called me a kid. "What's your problem Damon?" I snapped.

"Well, well, well, looks like someone has a little something stuck up their ass" He replied, I could even hear the smirk in his tone of voice if that was even possible. "Shut up" I mumbled.

A couple seconds later I felt a presence sit beside on the couch. "What's on your mind?" He asked as he light up his cigarette. "And don't tell me it's Dave" he added. Dave. He's my boyfriend and I would honestly say from the bottom of my heart that I was in love with him. I might be young, but love has no boundaries. But of course I'm not going to tell Dave. He thinks loving someone is a weakness but I can tell by the way he treats me, he feels the same way.

"Don't you think it would be nice to move? A place where we don't have to watch our backs every time we leave the house." I asked Damon. From the corner of my eye I saw him shrug his shoulders. "I like it here, I like the thrill of fighting and the danger that comes with it."

Damon isn't someone you want to mess with; he'll just mess with you ten times harder. He has a criminal record that can wrap around decent sized house a coupe times.

"Don't tell me your thinking about running away or something. Is someone messing with you? Just give me the name and I'll beat the shit out of them!" Damon said protectively. He might have a hard outer shell but on the inside he's just like me, soft.

"Calm down Day, no ones messing with me, besides where you go I follow. That's what siblings are for." Damon and I might not be related by blood but our relationship is stronger than someone who is.

...End of Flashback...

"Kindle" I squeezed my eyes shut tightly as I heard the nickname Damon had given me when we were younger. I haven't heard someone say that to me in two years now. I let out a shaky breath, as my brain tried to register what was going on.

Damon was now standing right in front of me. Slowly I moved my glaze to meet his icy blue eyes. "Damon" I whispered.

I felt him grab my hand and drag me out of the room without a word.

...Flashback...

I felt the eyes of the storeowner on me as I walked through the aisles of the corner store. I knew he was watching me like a hawk, after all who trusts a 5-year-old child.

I gasped as my eyes caught a shiny blade that was on display. It had a blank leather handle with small diamonds rimmed around the edges.

"Get lost you juvenile delinquent" I heard the storeowner yell at me. "Hey kid, you listening," he screamed again. Before he could say another word I grabbed the blade and took a step back. "H-hey put that down, you'll hurt someone" the owner spat, I would hear the hatred and anger in his voice.

I quickly backed up and ran out of the store, the switchblade still in my hand. What have I done? What was I thinking?

I heard sirens go off in the distance, indicating the police had been notified of the situation that occurred minutes ago.

Suddenly I was pulled into a back alley, a hand covering my mouth preventing me from screaming and yelling. The hand belonged to another child; he didn't look too much older than I am. "Don't scream," he whispered. My eyes widened a little as I nodded my head. From the corner of my eye I saw a flash of red and blue lights go by and I heard the sirens fade out as the police cars moved away from us.

"You know I just saved you," the boy said. I stood there staring at the young boy. He had blue eyes and dark messy hair. His clothes were covered in dirt and mud. "Your welcome" he spoke again. "I could have handled this by myself" I snapped. "Yea, I'd say you had about 20 seconds before the police caught you!" He said as he crossed his arms. I rolled my eyes and mumbled a quick thank you knowing he was right, but I'd never admit it.

"I'm Damon," he said as I started to walk away. "I'm Kim." I said as I felt him grab my hand and drag me to God knows where without another word.

...End of Flashback...

I shook my head trying to put the past behind me. Same old Damon.

"What the hell are you doing here" he asked, his voice was urgent. "I was dragged here by what's his face, Ashton" I replied. I heard his let out a sigh.

"So you and Dave still together?" Damon asked trying to change the subject. I flinched as I heard his name. "N-n-no w-we b-broke up a c-coup-ple y-years ago." I stuttered. Damon looked down at me suspiciously, he knows I don't stutter. In a place like Oliver it's important to act tough, if not people tend to walk all over you.

"What happened to you Kindle? What happened to that gorgeous smile?" Damon asked as he cupped my face forcing me to look at him. When I managed to get out of his grip I noticed we were outside.

There was a lushest forest surrounding the house. I don't know where I currently am. If I run I'll probably be caught or get lost, both are a disadvantage. Either way, I'd probably die or get killed.

"Kimberly Dillon! Don't even think about running away," Damon growled viciously. I flinched as he used my last name, I don't like using it, it reminds of my father.

"Damon" a voice yelled from behind me. I turned around to see Ashton. The two men started talking amongst each other, completely ignoring my presence. I slowly started to walk away praying that I'd be able to leave unnoticed.

I was a couple meters away from the forest when I decided to break into a run.

I heard the leaves crunch under my feet, the wind whistle as I ran, and the soft sound of water flowing in a near by creek.

After 2 to 3 minutes of running I slowed down my pace to a jog. I didn't hear or see anyone behind me. I'm safe from now, I thought to myself.

"You know it's not safe for a girl like yourself to be alone in a forest" I gasped seeing the person in front of me. 

*Please Follow, Vote, Comment, and Share*