Chapter 2: Bittersweet Memories

*This chapter is not edited*

"Son, the greatest trick the Devil pulled was convincing the world there was only one of him."

― David Wong, John Dies at the End

Ashton Grey's P.O.V

I held my gun griping the handle with a strong grip in my hand. Being a gang leader has its advantages but it comes with responsibility. My boys and I were currently in enemy territory, trying to kill the motherfuckers.

My mind wondered for just a moment as I remembered the first time I had killed someone at the tender age of 9.

...Flashback...

At the age of 7 a young boy is suppose to play with his friends and learn how to play sports such as soccer. When I was 7 my father handed me a shotgun and told me to shoot at the targets set up a few meters away from me. In just a couple months I could pour all 6 bullets into a moving target without missing a single one.

I looked up at my father as he towered over my small figure to see the look of pride shinning brightly in his eyes.

At the age of 9 my father took me with him to make a drug deal with a regular client, after a lot of begging from my case my pleas were finally answered and my father agreed to bring me as long as I stayed in the vehicle at all times.

"I'll be back in 10 minutes son, don't move." My father said while looking directly into my eyes. "Okay father" I said. After placing a kiss on my forehead and messing up my hair he left.

I looked up to see a man around the age of 30 getting out of a Mercedes convertible and making his way over to my father's vehicle. The streetlights flickered as the rained poured down. Fear ran through my veins, as this scene reminded me of a horror movie.

He held his gun like it was his own hand; he obviously had many years of experience handling them. As the man came closer and quickly pulled out an emergency gun my father always kept under the seat.

"Where are you father, I need you." I whispered to myself.

I knew this man was going to kill me. I knew I had to defend myself. My father prepared me for a moment like this.

As the man came into my shooting ranger, I lowered the window and aimed the gun right between his eyes, and pulled the trigger.

...End of Flashback...

"Well, well look who it is" the enemy said, his voice coming from the right side of me. 4 men outnumbered me. Nothing I can't take. "Ash! Get out of there!" my buddy said from the Bluetooth I have in my ear. Fuck! I'm not the kind of guy run but the urgency in Ethan's voice proved there was definitely something wrong.

I slowly turned and ran, tucking my gun in my black suit pant.

SLAM!

"Shit" I cursed. I looked at the fucker who bumped into me, as I did I saw her flinch away. "You couldn't have fucking got out of my way?" I yelled. I could feel my anger seeping in waves. I was getting very impatient as she didn't respond. "What are you deaf? I'm fucking talk to you" I yelled. "I-I-I'm s-sor-ry" she stuttered. Her words weren't above a whisper.

"He's over here" I heard somebody shout. "Fuck!" I knew I couldn't leave this petite girl on her own; those bastards would probably end up killing her after toying with her. I grabbed her arm and forcefully pulled her up dragging her with me as I ran towards my car. "P-p-please l-le-et m-me g-go" she begged, from the corner of my eye I could see the tears flowing down her cheeks. I sighed, what am I going to do with this girl? I was pulled her into my car, and locked the doors so she couldn't escape. I was going a good 90 km/h in a 50km/h zone.

"Look can you stop with the damn tears, I won't hurt you!" I said truly. My parents always taught me respect women. People may call me a devil, but I have my morals. I was obvious this girl was weak and broken. For some reason I felt the need to protect her from all harm. I haven't felt this in the 25 years of my existence. I can't have people saying I've gone soft over a stupid pathetic girl.

I pulled up to the mansion my men and I live in. "Come on" I said reaching towards the girl. "No," she whispered.

"Please don't touch me!" she shouted as I tried to reach out for her again. As she fell on the ground crying, I quickly held her small body to my chest and carried her inside. Her body barely weighted anything. I had guns that are heavier than her.

A weird sensation ran throw my body as I held her; sparks flew like the fourth of July. What the fuck is wrong with me. I felt her grab my shirt with her small hands and sobbed into it even harder than she was before.

I sat down on my living room couch. I wonder what this girl has been through. It doesn't seem like she's very comfortable around people. In a way she reminds me of my mom. I shudder a little thinking about her.

I don't know how long I've been holding her for. Her hair was rough and tangled as I stroked my hands through it. Her sobs slowed down and eventually came to complete stop.

"Who are you?" She finally whispered breaking the silence between us. Her eyes not meeting mine. I could tell his woman was scared of me, just like everyone else. Good, I thought, she should be afraid.

Kimberly's P.O.V

He stared at me, in deep thought. I couldn't look away from his eyes. He captured my gaze and held me like I was a prisoner in jail, unable to escape behind bars that held me.

"Grey, Ashton Grey" He replied with a cocky smirk on his face.

My eyes widened and my body stiffened. The devil. I was sitting on the devils lap. 

*Please Follow, Vote and Share*

What do you guys think?