Chapter 5

"Find him!" Remi laid his hands on his face and sighed. Sean had completely disappeared and he had his entire guard looking for him.

"We are trying Remi," Marcus exclaimed. It was stressful on everybody. An unhappy Remi made for an unhappy pack.

They had done everything possible in order to find Remi's mate. They had contacted and visited Sean's mother but it seemed as if she didn't know where her child went. They had sniffed around the borders to see if he had left the pack borders, but with no such luck. Other than the faint trail leading North they had nothing to go on; it was like the pesky wolf just disappeared.

"Why didn't you tell him Remi?" Marcus asked finally. The question had been on his mind ever since Remi told him how the boy found out that Remi was his mate.

"I was...shocked," he mumbled. Marcus only grunted. He would get the whole truth once they find the little runner.

And with Remi's determination he knew that it wouldn't be long. Over the course of the three days that Sean was missing Remi had held a pack meeting where everyone was informed that Sean was his mate. Remi had all of the surrounding packs monitoring their borders and giving him hourly check ups.

A shrill ring sounded in the office.

"Vallenmort," Remi answered coldly.

Marcus heard a series of grunts and a sudden relief filled sigh.

"Thank you so much sir," he smashed the phone back down on its cradle and turned to Marcus.

"Alpha Harrington found him. Apparently he was camping out in their forests. They have him safe and sound. Let's go."

Marcus barely had time to blink before Remi was rushing out of the office, barking out orders to his guards. Marcus' eyes drifted over to where the Luna usually sat and he wondered where she was. Was the stress getting to her?

••••••°•••••

"Bastard," Sean faced the window of the black SUV. Remi had made a big spectacle of getting him from Alpha Harrington. He even had the balls to hug Sean as if all was well between them.

"You scared me," Remi whispered. He had never felt such helplessness until he found out that Sean was missing.

"And you lied to me," Sean retorted back. He kept his head turned to the window because he didn't want Remi to see the tears that were silently running down his face. He felt devastated when he learned that Remi was his mate and he was going to reject him.

Was he not enough? Was it because he was a man? Or because he didn't have a father anymore? Was he ashamed of him? All those thoughts had ran through his head when he had left the restaurant.

"We'll talk about this when we reach the office," Remi rubbed his temples, urging the last few days' stress to leave his body.

"We'll talk about it now," Sean turned his hard but watery brown eyes onto Remi's, "No lies."

"I never lied," Remi mumbled.

"Well you didn't fucking tell the truth either."

"I was shocked. How often do you meet a gay alpha?"

"Whatever."

"I thought you wanted to talk," Remi turned his gaze to Sean.

"Don't smartmouth me Remi."

Remi sighed and picked up speed. The quicker he got home, the quicker he would talk properly with his pissed off mate.

•••••°•••••

"Would you like something to drink babe?" Remi asked.

"Don't call me that," Sean snapped, "Can we please just get this over with?"

Remi sighed and led Sean to the living room. He pulled him down to sit next to him on the couch. Sean fought as Remi lifted him to sit on his lap. However Remi held on tightly and cooed in Sean's ears.

Remi's eyebrows shot up as Sean broke out in tears. Loud gut wrenching sobs filled the apartment and Remi had to swallow the lump that was gathering in his throat at the sheer pain his mate was letting out. It broke his heart to know that it was him that was causing such pain.

"I hate you. I hate you so much," Sean sobbed into his chest.

Remi only cuddled him closer and rubbed soothing circles on his back.

"Why did you do it?" Sean lifted his watery brown eyes to study Remi's face.

"At first I was shocked. I had never even heard of a gay Alpha. Then I was scared. I mean what would happen to the pack if I couldn't produce an heir? What would people think? And then I had a talk with my dad and I was angry. If I had accepted you, you would've had to be a mistress. I couldn't have that; I couldn't subject you to that. You deserve so much better," Remi took his hand and wiped away Sean's tears.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" Sean whispered.

"I think eventually I would have. I realised that when you said you were going on a date with another man. I was so jealous that I knew I couldn't keep it from you," Remi blushed.

"You're an idiot."

Remi looked at Sean's smirking face and he burst out laughing.

"Does this mean I'm forgiven?"

"Not even close," Sean heaved himself off of Remi and made his way to the kitchen. Remi smiled when he thought of Sean being comfortable in his home. He knew he had a whole lot of grovelling to do before his feisty mate deemed him worthy.

"Are you making dinner babe?" Remi asked innocently.

"Fuck you Remi. And I told you not to call me that," Sean yelled from the kitchen.

Sean sauntered back into the room but instead of sitting by Remi, he laid on the floor and turned the TV on Cartoon Network. A sliver of disappointment went through Remi but he just shrugged it off and laid down next to his mate. He wasn't going to give up that easily.

"I can't believe you still watch cartoons," Remi felt that he could have used this time to get to know his mate.

"Is there something wrong with that," Sean turned his piercing brown eyes onto Remi.

"N-no. I ju-ust," Remi stuttered.

"Relax. I'm not gonna  kill you," Sean smiled, "yet."

Before Remi could reply, the doorbell sounded.

"Now go pay for the pizza. And don't forget the tip."

Remi got up and went to the door. He opened the door and he had to chuckle at the pizza boy's face. He was a young teenager from the pack and he had never seen the alpha face to face.

"Sir someone ordered a large cheese pizza and..." the boy trailed off.

"I know. How much?" Remi laughed. The boy rattled off an amount and Remi paid him with a generous tip.

He made his way back to the living room and handed the pizza to Sean.

"Thanks Remi. So what are you going to eat?" Sean smiled at him.

Remi laughed at his mate's antics. It seemed he truly had a long way to go.