Chapter 3

"Come on," Sean allowed his eccentric best friend to pull him towards the mass of gyrating bodies, "dance with me."

Sean giggled and stumbled after Patrick. He had a nice buzz going from the numerous alcoholic drinks he had consumed. Unlike humans, it took a lot to get a werewolf drunk. It was the one thing he was grateful that he kept.

Sean grinded on Patrick, submitting to his best friend's request. The whole purpose of this was to make the manager of the club, who was Patrick's boyfriend, jealous. Apparently they got into a huge fight and now Patrick wanted to get revenge.

Sean could understand that. Patrick was a professional stripper and he often lent his services to bachelors and bachelorettes. So when his boyfriend called him a 'two-bit whore', Patrick found himself on Sean's doorstep, bags in hand and bawling his eyes out.

So tonight was time for revenge. And by the looks of things, it was working. Sean had never seen a man's forehead twitch that hard or that quickly.

Patrick smirked and gripped Sean's waist and whispered in his ears.

"He is livid."

Sean nodded, a smirk taking over his face.

It was a particularly sexy song and Patrick and Sean were sandwiched between two burly men. They were gyrating and acting like wanton sluts. All of a sudden the men that were grinding on them were pulled away from them.

"Patrick, let's go," Mike grabbed his boyfriend's hand and turned him towards him.

Patrick yanked his hand free and took a step back towards Sean. All of the hurt and pain that he felt when Mike had insulted him came bubbling to the surface.

"Why?" he sneered, "All of a sudden you care about two-bit whores!"

Mike flinched, a look of guilt crossing his face.

"Babe, I'm sorry," Mike stepped forward, "I was just angry. I wanted you to feel the pain I felt when I knew you were putting on a show. It hurts."

"And how the hell do you think I feel whenever I have to sell my body just to survive!" Patrick screamed. The pair had started to draw a crowd amd the buzz that Sean had was now non-existent.

"Hey guys, I think we should take this to a more private setting, don't you think," Sean said focusing on the gathering crowd. He laid his hand on Patrick's elbow as Mike directed them to his office as a sign of support. Patrick and Mike had been going steady for six months now and from how heartbroken Patrick was, Sean already deduced that he had fallen in love with his big bear.

Mike leaned on his huge mahogany desk as Patrick and Sean sat on the couch.

"Ah shit."

Sean looked towards his best friend and sighed. The stress of the situation caused him to have a nose bleed. The sight of blood was enough to have Mike scrambling towards Patrick, his hands fluttering above his boyfriend. Sean wordlessly exited his office and went into a nearby bathroom to get some toilet paper. This was just another inclination that Patrick had fallen in love.

The sight that greeted him when he opened the door was enough to make his blood run cold and a slice of pain to attack his heart. Uncontrollable hurt, rage and jealousy bubbled to the surface and Sean swallowed down a sob. The couple had not noticed him yet and he used that time to compose his features. He would not let that pompous asshole dictate his heart. He couldn't explain however, why he felt that way.

Was the asshole alpha his mate? He rejected that idea as soon as it entered his mind. He was disconnected to his wolf and even if he was, wouldn't the big bad alpha tell him?