Chapter 10

Sean regretted his decision.

Remi was training him along with his warriors and the refugee pack. He wanted to learn their style of combat and in turn they had to learn theirs.

All around Sean wolves were growling and snapping at each other, looking for an opening. This did nothing to Sean's wolf. If anything his wolf was retreating because he was terrified.

He was currently fighting with a young man a little taller than was. The man seemed to be irritated because he couldn't shift as that would put Sean at a huge disadvantage. He had to learn to properly protect himself from the human forms before he could learn how to protect himself from the wolf forms.

Sean rolled his eyes at the man. He was way too cocky. He swiped his foot and immediately the man lost his footing and went down. Sean wasted no time in securing him in a chokehold and the man was struggling to escape.

"Baby," Remi called out, "Good job."

Sean smiled as he lifted himself off the man and went towards his mate.

"Remi the wolves are making my wolf scared," Sean whispered worriedly to him.

"Fear brings out animal instincts," he replied cheekily.

"Well he's hiding," Sean huffed.

"But you can sense him now, can't you?"

Sean gasped at that realisation. He had never been able to sense his wolf this strongly before.

In a fit of laughter he threw himself at his mate kissing him smack dab on the lips. He was practically radiating joy and Remi grinned at him. He gave him a series of pecks all over his face and then set him down.

"I'm so glad this is working out without you seducing me," he said cheekily.

Sean rolled his eyes at his mate.

"Like I would need seduction to get you in bed."

"I would have you know, I'm practically irresistible," he grinned.

"That girl you were lip locking with a few weeks ago apparently thought so too."

A look of immediate guilt flashed on Remi's face. He pulled Sean towards him and pressed his nose into his hair.

"I am truly sorry about that," he whispered, "I wish I could take it back but I can't. I'm so sorry that I hurt you and for what I did."

"Remi relax," Sean huffed, "I accept your apology, but I was just trying to make a joke. You know how they say you will look back on your past and laugh."

"I'm suck at this mate thing," Remi groaned.

"Let's hope you don't suck at sucking me," with those parting words, he kissed his mate goodbye and left him, speechless in the middle of the field.

***

Remi was battling an elemental and Sean was convinced that he had lost his mind. That man must be the most stupid alpha werewolf on the planet, second after Remi's father.

Now that man grinded Sean's gears and it seemed the son was put to the same.

He had been inside drinking water. He was only gone for two minutes when all the commotion started.

Apparently, Remi had battled Akin and won, but Carim was trying to defend his mates honor. Sean understood that.

But at the same time, the rogue pack was on their  land; their territory. They weren't in the wild. If Remi had lost, then the pack would've lost a fraction of their respect for him.