Monsters

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real, too. They live inside us. And sometimes they win."- Stephen King

Spencer

3:15 A.M. Great. I pull myself out of bed and go into the kitchen to fix some cereal. I never was much of a cook. I bet Maeve was a really good cook. Maeve. It feels like only yesterday that she died in front of me. It was my first time getting to see her. She was so beautiful. I wipe the tears that started cascading down my face. Well, I'd better get to work. Since it's now 5:30 and I have to be there in twenty minutes. I walk out to my car and drive to work. When I pull in I get out and walk inside. For some odd reason it feels like something interesting is going to happen. My suspicions are soon confirmed when I walk into the bull pin and see JJ talking to a woman. She's quite pretty actually. She has natural dark copper red hair that sits on the back of her head in a neat bun. Her eyes are a leaf green. Colored contacts. I wonder what her real eye color is. "Hey Spencer, come here. I want to introduce you." JJ says pulling me out of my thoughts. "Spencer this is Melody Hunt. Mel, this is Spencer Reid." She smiles and shakes my hand. "Actually it's Dr. Spencer Reid." I correct. "It's nice to meet you. Dr. Spencer Reid." She says with a smile. Her voice has a beautiful tone to it. Mellow and kind of earthy. Her hands are really soft. She has a slight olive tone to her skin. Italian maybe. "If you don't mind me asking, are you Italian?" She looks surprised. "Yes. How did you know?" She questions. "Your skin has a slight olive tone to it." She nods in understanding. "So, what brings you to the BAU?" I ask. "Your boss Agent Hotchner called me. Something about some help on a case." He replies. "Oh, how long have you been and agent?" She looks confused. "Oh no. I'm not an agent, I'm-" she's cut off when Hotch comes over. "Melody, glad you could make it." Hotch says shaking her hand. She smiles. Wow. She has a pretty smile. "Okay. Right this way." He leads all of us to the round table room. I take a look at Melody as she walks. She's wearing white dress pants, a black button up and has paired it with black flats. I noticed she walks with a uniformity. Almost military like. Could she be? "Reid. You okay?" I look over and Morgan is waiting for me to enter. "Yeah, sorry just distracted." he nods in understanding. They don't really question when I get distracted or become distant. Not since Maeve was killed. I take a seat next to Rossi and Melody is presenting the case. "Hello all. I'm sorry to have to meet you all under such circumstances. Anyways in the last three years there have been several missing cases reported. Yesterday was the three year anniversary of the first kidnapping and the first victim, or at least what is left of her, was found off of highway six down in Alabama." She says showing us pictures of a partially preserved corpse. Definitely not a pretty sight. "What is the Cause of Death?" Rossi asks. "Well, according to the autopsy report the COD was asphyxiation and there were also several post mortem stabbing. 37 knife wounds to be exact." She replies. "How long has she been dead?" Hotch asks. "The report says about six to seven months." Melody tells him. "Why keep the body for so long?" Derek asks confused. "That we still don't know." She replies to him. "Wheels up in thirty. Melody, can I see you for a moment?" Hotch says. Melody nods and they leave the room. I watch her walk out. I have literally known her for an hour and I already think I'm falling for her. I just hope my monsters don't come back to haunt me.