Returning to Family (Sons of Anarchy)

Jessica has sat in her car on the side of the road for an hour now looking at the Welcome to Charming sign trying to decide if she wants to continue on into Charming or turn around and leave again. It has been eight years since she has left this small town. At the time of her departure her older brother Juan Carlos was a prospect for the Sons of Anarchy. Juan Carlos is one year older than her but has always treated her like a child.  When he decided he could not live in New York any longer she convinced him to let her go with him by telling him that they needed to stick together. So she ended up getting her way and that’s how they found their way to Charming, California. They had been living in Charming for about six months when Juan Carlos started to act weird around her. She noticed the changes and asked him but he told her that everything was fine and she would know about it soon. When he finally told her what he had been up to she tried to change his mind about it but he refused to listen to her. Which ended up turning into a huge fight between them; that is why she walked out and has not looked back until now.

~~ Flashback ~~

I started working for the town diner about a week after we moved into Charming. Juan Carlos was doing side jobs helping local shops in town with their computer problems and setting them up. We didn’t make much money but it was enough for us to get by on and that was all that mattered to us.

Juan Carlos came into the diner where I worked all excited about something. “Hey Jess we need to talk about some stuff, what time do you get off of work?”

“I get off in about an hour; we can talk here unless you want to do it at home.” I said walking up to him.

“Nah we can do it at home, I’ll meet you there.” He said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Work was moving by pretty quick, I had about twenty minutes left when a few of the guys from the local biker gang showed up at the diner. Most of the girls that I work with go crazy over them. I’m pretty sure they would drop to their knees for these guys in a second, it’s pretty sad. I just tried to stay clear of them because I did not want any problems.

Today things seemed a little strange they just kept staring at me, normally they come in get coffee to go then leave but today they sat a table. They just happen to take a seat in my section so I went over to take their order.

“Hey gentlemen, how are you today?” I asked as I walked up. “Can I take your order?”

The creepy guy with crazy curly hair and deep blue eyes looked at me. “Yes you can as long as I can have a side order of you for desert.” He said eyeing me up and down.

The other guy with shoulder length blond hair glared at him. “God damn Tig what’s your problem, back off remember what I told you before we walked in here. Sorry about that darlin’ don’t mind him all we need is three coffees.”

“Ok just give me couple of minutes and I’ll have coffee here for you.” I told him with a smile.

As I turned to walk away the other man with them looked at the blond and asked. “Jax is that his sister?”

The guy name Jax looked my way as he said. “Yeah Ope that’s her, I’m not sure how she is going to handle it but I guess we just have to wait and see. I hope things go our way on this.”

I started to get worried because I knew they had to be talking about Juan Carlos. I needed to get home quick, so I walked over to Cassie. “Cass can you take over my tables, I really need to get home and I only have about ten minutes left on shift.”

“Yeah Jess I can take over for you. Are you ok?” she asked as I grabbed the coffee for their table.

“I’m ok; I just got something important to do. I’m going to take coffee to the guys over their then I’m going to take off.” I said to her and she nodded at me as I walk over to their table. “Here is your coffee, if you need anything else please let Cassie over there know.” I said as I placed their coffees in front of them.