Trouble Comes with Time Apart

Chapter six

**Two Months into the Prison Time**

Things had turned out different then I had thought, Jax didn’t rat out the guys he made Stahl and the rest of us believe he was but in the end all the guys had known what he was doing all along. It’s been two months since the guys went in and I have been staying at the clubhouse with Kozik and the rest of the guys. I also have started my residency at the hospital which turn out to be a great distraction for me. Kozik has been taking me up to the prison twice a week so I can visit Happy and my brother. He has also been taking me down to Bakersfield so I can take care of stuff for Happy's ma, she was beyond excited that I was back. Things have been pretty quiet around here which we were all happy about. I have also gotten closer to Tara and Lyla.

I walked out of my room into the bar looking for Kozik to let him know what my plans for the day was, it has become a routine we had with each other. I have been pretty good at telling him because every week Happy was on me about not making it hard on the guys.

"Hey Kozy I'm leaving for work in about ten minutes. But I wanted to let you know I'm picking Tara up for work. I also plan on going with Tara, Lyla and Cass out after work."

"What the hell are you talking about? I got shit to do today I ain't got time for that." He said to me.

"Then have a prospect follow us Koz but I'm going with or without an escort." I said as I started to walk out of the clubhouse. “I need a night with just the girls.”

"Fuck Jess. Fine I'll have Phil follow you he'll be at the hospital when you get off. Tell Miles to follow you now and call me on the pre-paid when you girls get to where you're going." I nodded my ok to him and walked out to get Miles.

I got to Tara's house and she came out to the car. "Hey girlie, I cleared it with Koz. I know you can't drink so you get to be our designated driver." I said smiling at her. “It’ll be fun I promise.”

"You know you girls are going to owe me when I pop this kid out." Tara said as she rubbed her barely there belly. “This is so not fair, you guys better have a few drinks for me.”

“Oh we will.” I said smiling at her.

Work today went by pretty quick for me. That was the joys of working in the ER always fast pace. As I got to the fourth floor to meet with Tara my cell phone went off, I noticed it was Happy calling. I never question him on how he gets through directly but it was better than collect. It saved me from having a high phone bill.

"Hey baby I thought you were going to call me tomorrow?" I said as I answered but what I heard from him wasn’t what I was expecting.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going tonight? I call Koz and he said you gave him shit about going out." He snapped at me. “I told your ass to listen to him.”

"I'm going out with the girls to a place in Lodi. I have had a long week at work not to mention the fact that it has been two long fucking months that I have been good and not giving anybody any shit." I yelled back at him. “I want to enjoy my night so don’t ruin this for me.”

"I'm not going to have my old lady out there whoring around I told you there is no fucking prison clause. I don't want you going to no fucking bar you want to drink then fucking drink at the clubhouse." He growled at me. “Don’t fucking piss me off.”

"You’re already pissed so what’s the difference. Just because I decide to go out does not mean I'm trying to fuck someone damn it.” I didn’t want to fight with him but he was making this difficult. “I'm not going to drink at the fucking clubhouse in fact I don't want to stay there anymore. I was going to wait until I came to see you this week to tell you but I'm going to move out of there."