The Game of Trap

Chapter Ten

Today is going to be the first day of our attempt to lure Jimmy out. When I woke up Happy was already up and in all business mode. He made sure that I understood what I was supposed to do and also made me carry a gun in my bag. He wanted to make sure that I had the added protection knowing that Jimmy knew where I work. While I was working he had the prospect check in on me few times. On my ride home from work my stomach felt like it was in knots. I pulled into the drive with the prospect pulling in behind me and his phone rang as I got out of the car. I knew it was one of the guys calling him but I still felt nervous about this. The last time I had done something like this things almost ended badly and I didn’t want to repeat that.

"What's up... Yeah I got it….. I'll be there in ten minutes." He said as he hung up his phone. "Hey Jess I gotta run to the clubhouse go inside lock the doors. I shouldn't be long I'll call ya as soon as I'm coming back. A'ight."

"Ok." I answered him as I walked to the door. When I opened it and stepped in my stomach started turn I didn't see Happy. I turned around closed the door and locked it when I turned back I jumped. Happy was leaning against the door way to the kitchen looking at me. "What the hell? You scared the shit out of me."

He pushed himself of the door and walked towards me. "I told ya I was going to be here." he said as he pulled me in for a kiss.

"I know but when I didn't see you I thought there was a change of plans."

"Ain't no plans changing, I couldn't be in here when ya open the door. If he was watching he could have seen me."

We spent the next hour sitting on the couch watching television we didn't do any talking just in case Jimmy tried to listen at the door. It was pretty nice just lying there in Happy's arms I ended up falling asleep. When I heard the doorbell it made me jump and Happy pulled me into him.

"Damn Girl you're jumpy as hell it's just the prospects. I called them to pick me up so I could go get my bike." He said as he shook his head at me.

"Oh, I'm trying not to be jumpy but it's hard." I said to him as I sat back on the couch tucking my legs under me. “Happy how many times are we going to have to do this?”

"Look if ya can't handle this we'll end it now!" he said as he stood up. "Go open the door and give the prospect your keys so he can pull the van into the garage so I can get outta here." he said as he walked into the kitchen.

I open the door and handed the keys to their new prospect Ratboy as filthy Phil was waiting in the van. I shut the door and Happy came back into the living room. He grabbed his guns off the coffee table and pulled on his cut. The door that led to the garage opened up and both prospects came in.

Happy looked at Phil "You stay here until I get back." Then he turned to me and kissed me. "I'll be back in half an hour I need to talk with Jax about this shit."

"Happy I can handle this, I swear." I said as I grabbed his hand before he walked out. "We have to keep trying. I want this to be over with."

"A'ight." He replied as he kissed me one more time. "Keep her in your site until I get back!" He growled at Phil and then walked out.

The next three days went about the same way me and Happy pretty much just sitting around the house for an hour. It was nice to have him here but the point of it was to lure Jimmy out and it wasn't working. Tig and Jax thinks Jimmy gave up and left town but I was not buying it. Something inside of me told me that shit was going to hit the fan soon. Happy wanted to give it one more try before they gave up so tonight was supposed to be our last time.

I was on my last hour at St. Thomas's ER we have had a long slow day. What made things worse Tara was off so I was bored out of my mind. I was sitting in the nurse's pod doing my charts with a few of the nurses when the phone rang.