Surviving Through the Pain

Chapter Twenty Six: Surviving Through the Pain

It's been a couple of weeks since Happy and I made up, things have been really good between us. Opie and Lyla have finally started to work through their own problems and I was happy for her. Tara and I have started to talk more since I found out I was pregnant. We haven’t heard a word from Laney and that had the club a little on edge. Happy had to take off early this morning so Phil was waiting for me to get ready so he could follow me to work. I haven't had the chance to confront him about telling Happy about Nero being at the hospital. As I was walking down the stairs my phone rang so I pulled it out of my pocket and answered.

"Hello?" I said opening the phone and putting it up to my ear.

"Hey Jess my car won't start can I catch a ride with you?" Tara asked.

"Yeah I'm leaving my place in ten minutes I'll stop and pick you up."

"Ok thanks, I'll get ready now, see you when you get here."

"Phil we need to stop and pick Tara up on our way." I said to him as I came down and closed my phone.

"A'ight doc, are ya ready to go?" he asked.

I walked up to him as he stood by the door waiting. "Phil why didn't you tell me that Happy knew Nero was at the hospital?"

"Shit I'm sorry doc but I'm really hoping to patch in very soon and I want them to be able to trust me." He said running his hands through his curly hair. "I didn't want to break your trust but Happy gave me specific orders to tell him if anyone tried to come near you."

Now I felt bad for making him chose between my trust and the clubs trust. "I understand I'm sorry for putting you in a place like that." I said running my hands through my hair. "Let's get going." He smiled at me and followed me out the door.

We both walked out and headed towards Tara's. Rat was sitting outside waiting for us and Tara came out just as we pulled up to the curb. When she got to the car Kozik and Juice pulled up in the tow truck.

"Hey ladies." Kozik said jumping out of the truck. "We came to pick up the cage." He said walking over to Tara and getting the keys from her.

"Hey Jess Hap said he was going to be out late tonight." Juice said to me as he walked over to my side of the car. "I want ya to keep your eyes open we still can't find that bitch or Kelli yet."

"I know Juice, I've been careful." I said to him as he leaned down into my window.

"Phil can't pick you up today so we're having Mike and Rat go there instead." Juice said smiling at me.

"Why?" I said sounding upset which surprised the both of us.

"Jess have you grown attached to the prospect?" Juice asked sounding amused.

"Yes and that's not funny." I said smacking his arm. "Now why is he not going to be there?"

"Jess get use to Mike being around." He said rubbing his arm were I smacked it but he had a smile from ear to ear on his face. "I can't tell ya any more than that."

Juiced walked away from the car so Tara and I could leave. "Thanks again Jess, that piece of shit needs some serious work." Tara said to me after we had left her house.

"I get out at six if you need a ride home I can give it to you." I said to her.

"No that's ok Jax is picking me up, I get out at seven today." She said smiling at me. "Jax said we were going to have some alone time today, Gemma is going to keep the kids for the night. Hey are you coming to the party on Friday? Gemma has been dying to have one since Jax became President. "