If you were to stay with me

**Sakura's POV**

Please

Please

Please

I'm getting there.

Those were the only words that my mind can only think of. Repeating like a mantra, hoping that it will help with the worries that I am feeling. Wishing it may change the uneventful scenario I have in my head.

I was pumping more chakra to my feet than I have ever before, rushing to the border of the Fire country where Sasuke have gone together with his former team. Perhaps, if we are in a different situation, Ino will be jumping in joy right now to know that yes, I am jealous that he is with that girl.

But there is no time for that trifling emotion right now. I have to do the things that I need to do. I will sort these feelings when everything is over.

Who am I to him anyway?

I'm just this genin team mate of his, a person from a failed past, a girl who was trying so hard to be by his side.

Even now.

-**-

I knew it was an immediate concern when one of shishou's trusted ANBU knocked on my window to deliver a message. I was right when I heard what Tsunade-sama wanted to tell me and I stood in front of her, trembling and scared as possible events flooded my head.

"The Miragenzou is a dangerous Kekkai genkai... at least to genjutsu type bloodline." She started.

"What do you mean shishou?"

"It was a mistake to send that Uchiha kid in that field as he may use a genjutsu type attack... especially the tsukuyomi. Instead of having an effect to the opponent, it will be to the one who cast it.

"You mean to say, if he will use the tsukyomi or other genjustu he will experience it himself?"

"Yes, he will taste his own medicine if he will use that jutsu..."

"B-but how?!"

"It's a kekkai genkai that nullifies other skills, especially the byakugan and sharingan. We thought that the ability was already gone forever, through the wars that broke among the nations. According to my grandfather, the Shodaime, it's really hard to reverse its effect, some survive, some went crazy....some died."

"We need to stop him- - we can't let that happen...again." I responded hysterically thinking back to the time I was watching Sasuke at the hospital bed.

"I know." Tsunade-sama responded.

"What can we do then?!" I asked getting impatient by the minute.

"You are to set for this mission to inform them about it and-- hope it's not too late when you get there."

"Hai!"

"...and Sakura..."

"Yes shishou?"

"If by any chance it is unavoidable... prepare for the worst."

What could be the effect of tsukuyomi to Sasuke himself?

I heard from the story that being trapped inside the genjutsu is a complete torture, everything is just an illusion. I don't know what Sasuke saw when he get caught under the genjutsu back when we were just genins.