No Reason

** Sasuke's POV **

I have not seen Sakura for a couple of days now since I saw her unexpectedly with an unfamiliar man. But as I got near them I believe he was the same person at her office before. Jiro, I think was his name and is probably one of Sakura's admirers.

Who cares anyway, I bet Sakura doesn't want him around like those other fanboys.

That day I was about to visit her at the hospital passing through the market when I heard her familiar giggles.

Probably I was just thinking too much... about Sakura that I heard the laugh. But when I caught a pink head at the corner of my eyes, I confirmed that I was not just overthinking and it was really her who is walking around the market like she haven't been through a serious injury in our mission. It took me minutes to finally decide that I will confront her as soon as she step out of the bread shop.

"Nothing to worry, Jiro-kun. See you around and give my regards to Akira-chan." she smiled as we both watch him walked away.

She declined my offer to help her when the said Jiro departs. That started our argument as we walk down the streets and she was just exerting too much of her strength rather than resting at the hospital at her apartment.

"Sakura," I started as she accepted a free bag of vegetables from the vendor. "I'm pretty much aware that you are capable of taking care of yourself."

She give me a side glance.

"Yes, we have the same understanding." She muttered making her way to another vegetable cart.

I sighed as I stood beside her. This won't get us any further.

"The Godaime told me that you're still on my team until further notice. Be sure not to strain yourself."

She shrugged. "Alright, taichou."

Right now, she is here. Unexpectedly as I was just about to train since sleep has not been so kind, she beat me to it.

"I know you are there, show yourself!" Sakura shouted.

I didn't put too much fight about her request since there is really no point in doing so. Her face though was not able to hide her surprise as soon as she recognized me from the shadows.

"I didn't know you're training this early" Sakura said while collecting her kunai and shurikens pierced on the target.

I remained silent as I watch her move back to her previous place with a stance that is ready to launch the kunai on hand.

I was thinking too much lately and it was about the recent mission we had.

And about Sakura.

There is no denying about it. How could I not weigh the outcome of my actions back then? When she woke up from the genjutsu I thought that it was just normal for her to cringe at the sight of me near her. Come to think of it, the moment she open her eyes that was the last time I saw that lively jade orbs. Until she realized I was near her that it was replaced by some kind of emotion-- fear.

Thinking it will just pass, I thought everything is fine. But no, it was the start of our drifting relationship --if we actually still have a relationship to call after years of severed bonds with them.

"You are too early." I said setting my weapon to the ground.

"Nightmares." Sakura responded and in an instant I know what that was all about.

She threw one kunai but it barely missed the target.

I quirked my eyebrows as I watch her missed the fourth one and I can say she lose her concentration when she realized I'm here.