Emeralds

**Sakura's POV**

We arrived at Midagakure after two days of travelling- the escort mission itself was a success once Jiro deposited the large amount of cash to another merchant.

Honestly, when Sasuke told me that it will be a two man squad I was worried on how the mission will be completed without any awkward moment between the two of us. But mind you, after the talk we had that morning, I feel more comfortable walking around the village without worrying that I might see Sasuke and think of a quick plan for me to avoid him.

Fortunately for this mission we got Jiro who saved me the trouble of maintaining a conversation with the silent Uchiha. But that is just heading out to the village, because Sasuke told me that the client- Jiro, will not come with us on our way back to Konoha. This was confirmed to me by Jiro himself, telling me that her mother was in that village and he need to help her with the business.

Honestly, I never thought that Sasuke accepted this mission when he told me the details the morning the mission was about to start, since both our ranks deserve an S-class type. The mission that we're in right now can be done even with the help of a genin team, just like we did back then. But if he mention that it was a last minute request he really don't have a choice but to accept.

Just like what I did when we talk about our situation.

"Can we start over?" His question caught me off guard that time, I was hesitant for a moment to accept what he was asking. But I thought 'What if this is the only thing that we need? To start over.' I took my chances to agree with him. I can't ignore him forever, so why don't I take this opportunity to get to know the Sasuke that's back to the village now, rather than putting a distance between us. But this time, I won't fall.

But you already did. I heard my inner, but as usual I disregarded the thought.

"You can spend the night here." Jiro's voice came that disconnected me from my train of thoughts.

"Hn. Let's go and look for an inn to stay." Sasuke responded.

"You can stay at our house. We have guest rooms that are available." Jiro said.

"Really?! That's great!" I look at Sasuke for approval because from the start of the mission he implied that he was the captain as if there is really a need to say that.

"My mother will surely be happy to see you."

"What can you say, taichou?" I asked, turning to Sasuke expecting him to take this offer.

He just raised his eyebrows. "No." He said with ease.

"But...." I said, looking back to him and Jiro in disbelief.

"We'll look for an inn." Sasuke said without thinking twice.

"Okay." I agreed disappointedly.

"If that's what you want." Jiro said with a smile that seems to comfort me. "You can always swing by our shop there-- after the restaurant at this street." He pointed out the direction towards the said street.

"I'll go there tomorrow." I tried sounding cheerful but failed as I cast a side glance of sadness to ground.

I heard a chuckle from Jiro, "No worries, sure there will be a next time." He then look at Sasuke. "If you turn left at that intersection you'll find an inn."

"Hn."

"Thank you, Jiro. We'll go ahead." With a small wave to Jiro, Sasuke and I started walking to the direction Jiro pointed out.