| 9 |

▬▬ nine; the secret army

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:. 

THE ABILITY TO KNOW WHAT DAY IT WAS WHEN YOU WOKE UP WAS COMPLETELY GONE FROM HER BRAIN. Lauren had no idea if it was Monday or Friday. Whatever day it was, it was a few hours since Sirius' house had been completely destroyed on the inside. It was a few hours since it had magically been fixed while Sirius had tried to wake Lauren up from being unconscious. A few hours ago she had woken up to the realization that her own hands had used a wand to make the house tremble, to make the furniture fly around, to make the staircase collapse. It was her own hands that had almost choked her to death, and her own hands had cleaned the mess up. But it was not her own voice that had spoken to her.

It was a few hours since they sat down on the couch. It was one hour since she had read the letter that the Weasley couple had given her, and they were now sitting opposite her and Sirius in the living room. It was forty-two minutes ago since she had read the letter. And it was thirty minutes ago since she had understood what it said.

After she had stared into the lit fireplace for over an hour, Sirius took the envelope from her hands and placed it on the table. A crying Molly Weasley sat down beside the girl and held the frozen girl in her arms. Sirius' cheeks were wet of tears. Mr. Weasley sat quietly and paid respect.

It had been a few hours since she had realized she had powers to destroy a building. And thirty-seven minutes ago she had found out her father was dead.

"Lauren, do you need any water? Do you want us to tell Hermione, or Harry, or Ron?" Molly asked with a pitchy and quiet voice, striking the girl's back.

The girl that hadn't shed a single tear since she understood that her father had died shook her head. "They got too much right now, don't burden them. I'm. . . I'll be okay." The adults stayed silent, not wanting to touch the silence because it seemed so fragile. "Have my mother. . . received the news?"

Mr. Weasley leaned onto his knees, "yes, she was the first one to know."

"Does she want me to come live with her now?" Lauren asked, looking away from the flames for the first time in an hour.

The red-haired man sighed and looked at his wife, and then Sirius. Sirius grabbed Lauren's hand while Arthur continued, "she said it was best if you staid here."

"Ho. . ." She paused, holding back a sob, "How did he, you know?"

"Some people from the Ministry went to your house to delete any tracks of the magic world before it got sold to a muggle family. . . And they, uh, they found him. . . hanging." She almost choked at the words, even though she somewhat could predict it.

"Alright," Sirius said, preventing Arthur Weasley from saying anything else. "I think you should try to get some rest, Lauren, it's been a rough night."