Chapter Three

Two batches of chocolate chip cookies later, Lucca and I sat across from each other in the kitchen as I helped him with his homework while waiting for our cookies in the oven.

Rapid knocking caused our heads to snapped in the direction of the door.

"Stay here." I said as I walked out of the kitchen grabbing a coffee mug as I passed by the counter.

With the mug in hand I walked - no tiptoed to the door. The knocking became more insistent as I made out a figure of a man behind the door.

"In a minute!" Raising the mug in my hand I opened the door and came face to face with a God.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Cold calculating eyes bored into mine as my mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. Standing in front of me was the finest piece of man I have ever had to pleasure to see. He was a few heads taller than me. Being 5'11 I'd say he was about 6'2. My eyes took in his tousled black hair, moving down to his perfect straight nose, to his sharp cheek bones down to his plum pink lips.

Oh boy.

He was dressed in an impeccable black suit that did nothing to hide his delicious muscles. His tie was untied around his next and the top two buttons of his shirt was open.

The clearing of somebody's throat caused my eyes to snap back up to the Greek God in front of me. I felt my cheeks burn as he stared down at me. My eyes locked into his panic filled striking emerald green eyes. Now why does that seem so familiar? Just as he was about to open his mouth I beat him to it.

" You must be Mr. Black." Thank God my voice sounded calm and collected. I watched as relief flooded through him. As he arched his eyebrow and opened his mouth to talk I interrupted him. Realizing I still had the mug in hand I pulled my hand back.

"Mr Black are you new at your job?" I asked putting on my best poker face. I watched as he scowled, his eyes narrowing down at me. I gulped and tightened my hold on the mug.

" You are hours late from picking up your Boss's son. Do you have any idea what would've happened to him out there? He could've been hurt or he could've gonna hit by a car crossing the street! Or worse! He could've gotten kidnapped! " I took in a much needed breath. I looked up and saw amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Listen you!" I said waving the mug in his face. "This is not funny! I don't care if you fell asleep waiting for his class to end, or if your stuck up rich boss gave you errands. Get your priorities straight Mr Black. Now, I won't tell your boss you left his son waiting just promise me you won't do it again next time. Understood?"

I held his gaze as I felt my cheeks burn and my hands started to sweat.

"Yes." His voice was husky deep and extremely sexy I felt my legs wobble.

Oh god.

"Go-good" I stuttered. I cleared my throat and opened the door wider to let him enter.

"Wait here while I get Lucca" Before he could say anything I turned around and walked away. Just as I was about to enter the kitchen a thought occurred to me.

" Would you like some dinner?" His head snapped up.

Under the light he looked even more handsome.

"A few minutes ago you were berating me now you are asking me if I want dinner?" His accent was making it hard for me not to swoon right then and there.

I shrugged at him and walked into the kitchen.

"Lucca, fix your things your ride his here. " I watched as he quickly gathered his books and hurriedly stuffed them into his bag. I smiled and popped some of our left over pasta into the oven.

"I'm finished Miss Annie." Turning around I saw Lucca standing by the chair his books sticking out of his bag.

Laughing I made my way over to him as I grabbed his bag and placed it on the counter top. Carefully I pulled his books out and placed them back in properly.

Suddenly the microwave beeped, handing Lucca his bag I pulled out the pasta and placed it in a container. Holding my hand out to Lucca we made our way out the door.

"My jacket!" Lucca exclaimed stopping beside me. I whipped my head and spotted his jacket by the cookie table.

"Go get it" I said pointing it to him.

Walking out I saw Mr black standing with his back to me looking at the cafe's interior.

"Here you go." I said sliding the paper bag with the container inside on the counter.

Green eyes stared at me then to the paper bag between us then back to me.

"It's spaghetti." I said answering his unasked question.

"Grazie" He said

Foot steps sounded behind me as Lucca made his way out of the kitchen his eyes scanning the cafe as before his gaze landed on the person behind me.

I watched as his face broke out into a smile, launching himself into the arms of the person behind me.

"Papa!!"