Chapter Six

"Miss Annie down here!" An arm shot out on the counter opposite me.

Leaning over I saw Lucca in his school uniform waving his arm up in the air while his other hand was holding onto his Father's.

"Papa! Papa!" A bouncing Lucca said raising both his arms up now. I watched as Nicholai scooped him up and placed him on his hip.

"Oh my!" I gasped as I reached over to tap Lucca's nose "You seem to have grown bigger since the last time I've seen you"

Lucca's soft laughter echoed throughout the cafe causing some of the customers to look our way the as he said, "You're funny."

Winking at him I cleared my throat and asked "What can I get you boys today?"

Risking a glance at Nicholai I see him looking at me with the corners of his lips curving up into a small smile.

"Where is it, Papa?" Lucca said twisting in his Father's arm looking down frantically.

"I think you left it in the car, Piccolo" was Nicholai's amused reply. I watched as Lucca's eyes widen then struggled to get out of his Father's hold.

Placing Lucca back on the ground I watched as he shot out of the cafe and into the sleek black Audi waiting by the curb. My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as I tried to comprehend what that was all about.

"We'll have two milkshakes and two chocolate chip cookies" Nicholai said boring his eyes into mine.

"Two milkshakes and two chocolate chip cookies coming up!" Andrew said appearing beside me causing my hand to fly up to my racing heart.

"Sorry, boss. Didn't mean to startle you" Andrew said giving me a sheepish smile.

"That's okay, Andrew" I said smiling in return.

"You can take a seat now, sir. Your order will be ready in no time" Andrew said

Nicholai's gaze shifted from me to Andrew before his eyes narrowed and hardened. Without saying anything he turned his back and walked to the nearest table.

He looked so out of place in my cafe dressed in another one of his designer suits. It was only then that I realized all the women in the cafe had their eyes set on him.

"Boss? You okay?" Andrew's voice snapped me out of my stupor. I quickly dunked my head as I felt the face burn with embarrassment.

Quickly grabbing the glass from Andrew's hands I started making the milkshakes.

A few seconds later, I heard the bell ding.

"Hey, Emma let me help you with that." Andrew said going around me to help Emma carry the groceries.

"Thanks" She said giving Andrew a smile then turned her attention to me.

"The cutest little kid opened the door of the cafe for me today" She turning her attention to the tables.

"Well hot damn!" She said giving out a low whistle. "I'd certainly go home with that hunk"

"Hey!" I exclaimed as she grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"Tell me, isn't he the most gorgeous man you've ever seen?" Emma said grabbing my chin in her hand as she turned my head in the direction Nicholai was seated with Lucca in front of him.

As if feeling our eyes on him Nicholai snapped his head in our direction locking his gaze on mine.

"Oh my gosh! He's totally checking you out!" Emma said slapping her hand on my shoulder.

My eyes widen as I quickly turned around.

"Emma! Sssssh!" I whisper yelled at her.

"What? If you don't like him I could totally get him off your back" Emma said twirling her hair in her finger.

Rolling my eyes at her I grabbed a tray from the counter.

"You remember the little kid I stayed with last night? Well that's him" I said nodding my head in the direction of Lucca "And that hunk you're talking about is who Julie calls Mr. Green eyed sex on legs."

I watched has Emma stood there with her mouth hanging open.

"Holy Fudgesticks"

I but my lip trying to stop myself from bursting out laughing.

Suddenly she snapped her mouth closed and grabbed Andrew just as he was about to go around the register to serve the order.

"What the?" Andrew said as we both watched Emma grab the tray from him.

"Change of plans, buddy" Emma said reaching over to rip the apron off my waist and placing the tray on my hands before pushing me out.

Being the clumsy girl that I am stumbled over nothing. Fortunately I was able to catch myself before I fell on my face or worse drop the food.

I could feel all eyes on me as a I stood up straighter and held my head up higher throwing a glare at Emma who was smiling widely at me and gave me a hands-up.

Oh now she's gonna get it.

Walking over, I could see Nicholai trying to contain his amusement.

Oh God I'm gonna kill Emma for this!

"Two milkshakes and two chocolate chip cookies" I said placing down their order on the table.

"Grazie" Nicholai said causing shivers to go down my back.

"Ca-can I get you anything else?" I said keeping my eyes on the table.

Feeling a tug on my slacks I looked down to find Lucca holding up a beautiful bouquet of tulips.

"Miss Annie please accept these twwuleeps- "

"Tulips" Nicholai corrected with a smile.

"Twuleeps as a sign of my thank you" Lucca said breaking out into a huge smile.

Oh my God.

Bending down to his level I took the bouquet from him before engulfing him in a hug.

Letting out a laugh I let him go the moment he started to squirm in my hold.

"It's beautiful" I whispered.

Nobody's ever done this to me before. Oh God. Look at me. Getting teary eyed from receiving a bouquet of flowers from a kid! A kid!

"How did you know tulips were my favorite?" I said pinching his cheeks.

Lucca smiled even brighter at me.

"I didn't. My Papa did!"