Chapter Nine

It felt as though my heart was about to leap out of my throat. The butterflies I felt were no longer there instead I had an entire zoo filled with wild animals running around my stomach.

I stood in the middle of the foyer as I debated whether or not I should go in or make a run for it while I still can.

With my chin held high, I squared my shoulder and walked straight up to the beautiful french doors.

Raising my hand I knocked in the door three times before I felt my confidence leave me.

Bitting my lip, I focused my attention on the beautiful intricate patterns of the door as each golden swirl into little floral designs with e green gem in the middle before the tip branches out interlacing with other floral swirls. Reaching out, I let the tip of my finger touch one delicate looking flower. Just then the doors flew open.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

My eyes traveled from the form fitting white dress shirt Nicholai had on that did absolutely nothing to hide his muscle with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows , to his sinful lip along with his high cheek bones and nose finally up to his intense emerald green eyes that always leaves me breathless.

"Hi." I said lowering down my hand.

Nicholai's lips curved up into a smirk as I blushed furiously in front of him.

"Hello." His deep baritone voice sent the animals inside my stomach in to a stampede.

Stepping a side and gesturing for me to enter I took a step into the most beautiful penthouse I have ever seen. Not that I've been inside any but I have seen a lot of penthouse suites in magazine but none of it could compare to this.

Floor to ceiling windows covered the walls offering the best view of the city below. A chandelier was hanging above us and a fire place by the living room was giving the place a nice homey vibe. A grand piano was situated at the far left corner of the room while expensive furniture occupied the other.

Hands gathering my hair back caused me to gasp as I felt tingles run down my body when Nicholai's fingers grazed my arms as he pulled my trench coat off of me. Taking a step back I watched as his eyes ran down my body appreciatively making me squirm under his intense gave.

"You look beautiful."

Clearing my throat I blushed beet red as I bit my lip in nervousness. His eyes darkened and I felt heat down my core.

"Thank you." My voice came out huskier as I quickly averted eyes to the view in front of us. "You have a beautiful home."

"Come, let me show you around." Nicholai said placing his hand in the small of my back as he directed me into a hallway that lead to what seemed to be the kitchen.

Trying my hardest not to show Nicholai how affected I was by his close proximity not to mention having his hand inches away from my bum, we stepped into what was considered to be every chef's dream kitchen.

Well, it was what I at least considered to be a dream kitchen from the beautiful countertops,to the top appliances, to every utensil you will ever need.

"Oh my god" I whispered.

Feeling the heat of his palm disappear I turned to see Nicholai reaching down and opening a cabinet only to find out it was bottles of already chilled wine inside.

Pulling out a bottle of what seemed to be 1996 Chatuae La Mondotte Saint Emillion. I watched as Nicholai poured two glasses of wine before handing one to me. Raising my glass I watched the rich red liquid before swirling the drink in hand. I closed my eyes as I brought the drink up to my nose taking a whiff of its delicious smell before placing my lips on the glass and taking a sip keeping it in my mouth for a few second before swallowing.

"Definitely a 1996 Chatuae La Mondotte Saint Emillion" I said opening my eyes only to find Nicholai's hungry gaze on me.

"A woman who knows her wine." Nicholai said his accent getting thicker as he brought his glass up to his lips and swallowing not once breaking eye contact with me. I felt my core clench and my panties dampen as I squeezed my legs together.

Clearing my throat I looked away from his intensive gaze.

"I studied in Paris as a pastry chef. We took a field trip once for wine tasting."

Before he could open his mouth to speak there was a knock on the door.

"Ah that must be our dinner. I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of ordering for the both of us." Nicholai said walking up beside me.

"That's okay. Thank you."

Placing his hand on my back with his glass and the bottle of wine in his other hand, Nicholai led us out of the kitchen and into the living room as he walked up to the French doors.

Opening it I watched as a man dressed in a chef's uniform walked in pushing a cart in front of him. I heard Nicholai mutter something to him in Italian and as soon as he was done the man made his way over to the other said of the penthouse.

"Come, dinner will be by the balcony."

He said reaching his hand out to me. Hesitantly I placed my hand in his feelings an electric current run through my body as he led to the balcony.

Stepping out my eyes drifted to the beautiful skyline view in front of me. As the light from the different buildings sparkle like little fireflies from up above here.

"Grazie." Nicholai said as the man in the chef's uniform turned to leave.

Looking at the table I saw a two plates of delicious looking red snapper.

My eyebrows knit in confusion.

The table only had two chairs.

"Where is Lucca?" I asked turning to face Nicholai

"Lucca is over at his Uncle's place. It's just you and me tonight.