Chapter Seven

My eyes widened the size of saucers. I felt my heart flutter and my heartbeat pick up pace.

"I-I" clearing my throat, I slowly stood up and turned to the direction Nicholai was at.

"Thank you." I whispered "But you didn't have to." I muttered keeping my eyes down cast.

"It's the least I could do for the woman who took care of my son"

Oh.

Of course! He wouldn't have given you flowers because he was smitten by you. How silly of me.

"It was nothing." I said finally looking up at him.

I see Nicholai's gaze transfer from my face to my hand, only then did I notice that I was gripping the bouquet too hard. Relaxing my clutch I plastered on the biggest smile I could muster.

"Thank you again for the flowers. They are beautiful. Anyway, I hope you enjoy for snacks."

I turned on my heel but before could take a step forward Nicholai's voice stopped me.

"Have dinner with us"

I turned around to find him looking at me intently.

"Pardon?" I asked

"Have dinner with us tonight." He said lifting his milkshake to his mouth. I watched as his lips parted to take a sip of his drink, his tongue snaking out to lick the white foam off his mouth.

Biting my lip I continued to watch as his Adam's apple bob up and down. I felt my body get hot all of a sudden.

"Anna?"

Emma's voice snapped me out of my lust filled gaze making my eyes snap to Nicholai's knowing gaze.

Oh God. I've been caught!

I felt my face go red with embarrassment.

"I-I better get going" I stammered.

"Nonsense! I was just wondering who you were talking to." Emma said giving me a wink.

"I'm Emma by the way. Anna's bestfriend" Emma said reaching over for a handshake.

I watched as Nicholai's gaze flicked over to her and his hand engulf hers.

"Nicholai and this is my son Lucca".

I swallowed down the bitter taste in my mouth. Emma was exactly the kind of women men like Nicholai go after. Beautiful, smart, sexy, kind, caring, funny, swee-

"So what were you guys talking about?" Emma asked.

" I was just asking Anna here to have dinner with us."

Two expectant pairs of eyes turned in my direction as Lucca happily munched on his cookies.

"Thank you but I can't possibly g-"

"Of course you can!" Emma cried interrupting me.

"No. I can't." I said warning Emma with my eyes.

I watched as her eyes twinkle in mischief.

"What are you talking about? Of course you can. She'd love to have dinner with you!" Emma said pulling me beside her.

"You are going to dinner even if it means I have to drag your sexy ass out of this cafe" Emma whispered smiling beside me.

"No. Why don't you have dinner with him instead. " I whispered back smiling at Nicholai and Lucca who was looking at us strangely.

I heard Emma snort beside me then whispered, "You my dear are going to dinner with Mr Green Eyes sex on legs here and find out if he has a fine assed brother or bestfriend for me."

I let out a laugh only to be nudged by Emma on the ribs. Hard.

"Miss Annie are you okay?" Lucca asked cocking his head at the side and looking at me as if I've grown another head.

"Yes, yes of course" I said clearing my throat.

I felt Emma nudge me again for the second time. Shooting her a glare I looked at Nicholai to find him amused by our actions.

"As for dinner, I'd love to go with you. I mean with the both of you. With Lucca of course not just you." I rambled on pathetically.

"Wonderful." Nicholai said locking me in his mesmerizing gaze yet again.

I heard Emma clear her throat beside me.

And again.

And again.

"Great! You can have you driver pick her up at 6. Her address is at 47 street Hartport drive." Emma said clapping her hands beside me.

"Oh would you look at that! Another costumer! Excuse us for a second" Emma said turning us around.

"Stop eye raping each other!" She whispered. Slapping my ass I let out an irritated squeal before going behind the register to attend to our other customers.

Looking at Nicholai's table I see him chuckling to himself.

What the hell did I get myself into.